Eggplant caviar, summer vegan recipe for a fresh and tasty sauce to be used for bruschetta, appetizers or buffets
Il Eggplant Caviar is a vegan recipe typically summer. To be prepared very easily and served chilled, the aubergine caviar has a fresh and very appetizing flavor.
Perfect for season bruschetta and croutons, eggplant caviar can also be served as appetizer inserting it between pate and various sauces. The presence of a few drops of lemon means that its color remains clear and bright and the condiment based on extra virgin olive oil, garlic and salt make it really fragrant and tasty. From the full-bodied and velvety texture, eggplant caviar is one cholesterol-free meal and can therefore also be administered to those who follow a diet aimed at lowering high cholesterol levels.
- 1 purple eggplant
- 1 clove ofgarlic already peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of sale
- a few drops of lemon juice
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15minutes
- Rest time: 2 h of cooling
- Dose: for 4 people
- difficulty: low
How to prepare aubergine caviar: procedure
- lavare the aubergine, cut the stalk and place it in a pan lined with parchment paper, bake and cook in a hot oven for fifteen minutes in grill mode, when cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Take up again then the aubergine and being careful not to burn it, peel it, and then with the aid of a knife scrape off the residues of the peel very gently.
- Split now the aubergine in half and eliminate, if present, most of the internal seeds (usually the purple aubergine still has a minimal part of it)
- crush the aubergine with a fork to obtain a puree, then season with salt, lemon and extra virgin olive oil and finally add some pieces of garlic.
- Mix everything, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before serving.
How to store eggplant caviar:
The aubergine caviar can be stored in the refrigerator for three / four days as long as it is stored in airtight containers.You may be interested in other eggplant recipes:
- Eggplant meatballs
- Stuffed eggplant