Strawberries in syrup, the quick and easy recipe to prepare a preserves at home to be enjoyed during the cold winter days. Perfect to eat at the end of a meal, they can also be used to prepare or garnish desserts.
There are different methods to prepare fruit in syrup, the one we recommend is a very old method, tested for generations, which also requires the use of few added sugars.
The choice of fruit is obviously a fundamental step, you will have to choose the fresh fruit of the season, possibly organic or in any case at zero km, in order to have a healthy product rich in taste and nutritional properties.
Before potting and syruping the fruit, the jars must be sanitized; then add the sugar and water and then boil for twenty minutes. At this point the strawberries in syrup will be ready to be placed in the pantry.
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 30 gr of brown sugar
- water to taste
- 4 jars of 500 ml
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
1 kg of strawberries in syrup
- lavare the strawberries thoroughly by soaking them in water and baking soda, then rinse and drain them.
- Fix them now in the cans already sanitized,
- add the sugar and then the water filling the jar up to one centimeter from the edge,
- to close the jars and then proceed with the pasteurization by boiling them for twenty minutes.
Strawberries in syrup can be stored in the pantry for about five / six months away from sunlight.
- 5 ways and recipes to store strawberries and enjoy them all year round?
- 10 canned fruit recipes
- Do-it-yourself preserves
- The guide to organic preserves