We reveal a really simple recipe to prepare a delicious strawberry jam and obtain a super delicious and very versatile syrup from the maceration
What we present today is a very simple recipe with which to prepare a delicious Strawberry jam and at the same time it derives from the maceration of these fruits a super delicious and very versatile syrup which can be used to flavor drinks, fruit and desserts.
Let's see how to do it ...
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 500 grams of brown sugar (even less if you don't like it too sweet). Alternatively, use some other natural sweetener, such as agave juice or read here how to make jam without sugar.
- lemon peel
- 1 lemon squeezed
Cut the strawberries into small pieces e leave to macerate together with sugar, the lemon juice and coarsely chopped rinds in a covered container. Keep refrigerated overnight. The following day, pass the syrup that has formed at the bottom of the container with a sieve and pour it into another container or bottle. Set it aside and keep it in the refrigerator (see below how to use it).
Cook the strawberry pulp (removing the lemon peels first) for about 20/30 minutes over low heat until the mixture thickens a bit. At this point, remove from heat and blend everything with an immersion blender. Put it back on the heat until the jam is ready. To understand it, just do the "saucer test" or take a teaspoon of the mixture and put it on a plate that will then turn vertically: if the jam remains stuck or goes down very slowly then it means that it is ready!
Pot still hot in the jar and seal tightly. If you want to have a better preservation of the product, boil the jam jar for 15/20 minutes. Alternatively, once the jam is still hot, close and turn the jar upside down to form the vacuum. Turn over when cold.
The advantage of strawberry jam made with this process is that contains less sugar, since most of it remains with the syrup that rises at the beginning of the preparation. But now let's see exactly how to use the syrup.
Strawberry syrup is super savory and very sweet, it can be used in many ways here are some ideas ...
- Season the m
- Extend it with water and drink it instead of any thirst-quenching drink
- Flavor your smoothies favorite
- Prepare icicles strawberry (always better to dilute it with water)
- Flavor your tea making it a strawberry tea (even with green tea the result is excellent!)
- Use in the preparation of desserts
You will feel that goodness !!!
Follow your Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
You may also be interested:
- Strawberries: 10 reasons to eat more of them
- What to do if you find mold in strawberries and how to prevent it
- How to properly disinfect strawberries to eliminate pesticides and parasites
- How to grow strawberries: the mini-guide for beginners