Pumpkin soup, the classic (vegan) recipe to warm up the cold autumn evenings. The addition of turmeric and pepper among the ingredients makes this soup a panacea even for seasonal ailments.
Pumpkin soup, a prescription (vegan) classic to warm up the cold autumn evenings. With a delicate flavor and simple to make, it is suitable for the whole family and perfect to serve when you return home tired and cold.
With the addition turmeric e pepper among the ingredients it makes this pumpkin soup a panacea for even the seasonal ailments.
- 1 kg of pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 600 grams of potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- pepe macinato qb
- water to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to make pumpkin soup: procedure
- To clean the pumpkin from the seeds and internal filaments and the peel,
- cut it in small pieces of equal size,
- to peel onion and finely chop,
- skin the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- To put in a large pot the onion, pumpkin and oil and brown,
- add then the potatoes,
- cover up of water,
- regular salt and add turmeric and pepper preferably freshly ground.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally for about an hour,
- cooking when finished, portion and serve the pumpkin soup while still hot.
How to store pumpkin soup:
Once cold, the pumpkin soup can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
You may also be interested in other recipes for detox soups, winter soups or other recipes with pumpkin