Sponge cake, the real yeast-free recipe to prepare it with not very refined ingredients
Sponge cake, here she is prescription strictly without yeast - as the traditional recipe requires - and with not very refined ingredients to prepare this widely used pastry base, perfect for birthday cakes, but also to be consumed in the morning for breakfast.
Its ingredients are only eggs, sugar and flour and it is therefore lactose-free, the sponge cake is still moist and soft and its fragrance remains intact for several days. The absence of yeast makes its preparation almost a magic, the leavening in cooking takes place thanks to the air that the eggs incorporate during processing with sugar.
Ingredients for a cake mold with a diameter of 20 cm
- 4 medium-sized eggs
- 120 grams of re-milled semolina flour
- 120 gr of brown sugar
- additional oil and flour to taste for the mold
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
About 30 minutes
- Rest time:
6 people to
medium / low
How to prepare the sponge cake: procedure
- Oil and flour the cake pan.
- Shell the eggs and put them in a large bowl,
- iniziare to whip them and when they are frothy add the sugar
- mount him with the electric mixer for twenty minutes or if you use a planetary mixer for fifteen minutes,
- add now a little flour at a time, taking care to put it towards the edge of the bowl so as not to disassemble the mixture with its weight,
- to incorporate flour a spoon at a time using a hand whisk, or alternatively a wooden spoon, making gentle and circular movements that go from the bottom up,
- after having incorporated all the flour, the dough will come down from the whisk without breaking,
- deposit the dough gently into the mold,
- bake in a hot oven at 180 ° and bake at 160 ° for about thirty minutes,
- prima to take it out of the oven, and only after the first half hour of cooking has passed, check the cooking with a toothpick, if extracting it should be wet you will have to continue cooking and then repeat the test before taking it out of the oven.
- Cooking when finished taking out of the oven, gently unmold the sponge cake and let it cool on a wire rack.
You may be interested in other sponge cake recipes, birthday cake ideas or other cake bases