Tomatoes stuffed with rice and green beans, here is a tasty easy and tasty vegetarian recipe to prepare them
Tomatoes stuffed with rice and green beans, here's one vegetarian recipe to prepare a first summer dish to be served even cold. Seasonal vegetables, color and lots of flavor are the strong points of this dish, also perfect to eat under an umbrella.
Stuffed tomatoes are a must of the summer season; a dish widespread throughout our peninsula can be prepared in many ways. In this recipe, the rice was previously cooked together with the pulp of the tomatoes and the green beans, in this way it absorbed their flavor thus giving this dish a really intense taste.
If you follow a vegan diet, you can replace the vegetable cheese with nutritional yeast flakes.
- 1 kg of vine tomatoes
- 150 gr of green beans
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150 gr of rice
- 1 basil leaf
- vegetable parmesan to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare tomatoes stuffed with rice and green beans: procedure
- lavare the tomatoes, cut the top cap and, with the help of a knife and a teaspoon, empty them internally keeping the extracted pulp aside, then put them upside down so as to drain some of the water contained in them,
- to wash and clean the green beans, cut them into small pieces and put them in a large pot with the tomato pulp and a drizzle of oil also add the washed and chopped basil, then clean the garlic, cut it finely and add it to the pan,
- iniziare to cook and finally add the rice, toast, then cover with water and add salt,
- and bring when cooked, stirring often and adding more water if necessary,
- when the rice will be cooked let it cool, mix it with the cheese and fill the tomatoes with this mixture,
- lubrication the bottom of a baking dish, place the previously cut tomatoes and caps inside it and bake in a hot oven at 200 ° for about thirty minutes,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and leave to rest for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Tomatoes Stuffed with rice and green beans, they can still be served both lukewarm and at room temperature.
How to store tomatoes stuffed with rice and green beans:
Should they be left over, it is possible to keep the tomatoes stuffed with rice and green beans in the refrigerator for up to two days in special airtight containers.
You might be interested in others as well
- Stuffed tomato recipes
- stuffed vegetable recipes