During the holidays, have you perhaps sinned with greed and now you find yourself a little swollen and perhaps with a couple of extra pounds? The time has come to remedy the Christmas gluttony and to start this new year in the name of healthy and genuine. So, as a first recipe for the month of January 2011 we offer you a warm soup of the evening which will have as main ingredients all fresh and seasonal vegetables. The first step therefore, to rebalance our diet and above all to detoxify our body.
During the feasts have you perhaps sinned with greed and now you find yourself a little swollen and perhaps with a couple of extra pounds? Then the time has come remedy the vices of Christmas gluttony and to start this new year in the name of healthy and genuine. So we propose one hot evening soup which will have all of them as main ingredients fresh and seasonal vegetables. The first step therefore, to rebalance the diet and above all for detoxify the body.
And who knows that the morning awakening is not more energetic but at the same time lighter?
- 2 chopped leeks
- 4 chopped celery stalks
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 4 sliced carrots
- 1 chopped cabbage
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce (possibly homemade)
- olive oil
- Chili pepper
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
Detox vegetable soup: preparation
- In a fairly large pot, sauté thegarlic in a little olive oil by adding a pinch of salt.
- As soon as the garlic is golden, add the carrots, celery, leek and tomato sauce preferably homemade.
- Cook them for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add all the other ingredients, including the vegetable broth, and cook for at least 30 minutes over medium heat (don't forget to stir every now and then).
- After cooking, add a drizzle of raw oil and a sprinkling of chilli pepper to your tasty soup just to stimulate circulation.
To make it tastier and more consistent, you could add a few grains of grated Parmesan at will, enjoy your meal!