Savoy cabbage rolls stuffed with rice, the step-by-step recipe to prepare a tasty and satiating first winter course, suitable for the whole family
Cabbage rolls stuffed with rice, here she is prescription for a delicious and savory winter first course that will appeal to the whole family. These vegetarian rolls with a sweet and delicate taste, they can also be prepared in advance to be heated just before serving.
The cabbage rolls stuffed with rice should be prepared with fresh and firm vegetables in season, preferably organic or at zero km.
Ingredients for 12 rolls
- 200 gr of rice
- 1 red onion
- 12 red cabbage leaves
- 400 gr of red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- grated vegetable parmesan to taste (optional)
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 12 rolls
How to prepare cabbage rolls stuffed with rice: procedure
- To peel the onion, cut it finely and put it in a pan with the oil,
- to wash and finely chop the four hundred grams of cabbage and add them to the pan together with the rice,
- brown by toasting the rice then cover with water, season with salt and cook over low heat, stirring often and adding more water if necessary,
- when the rice will be al dente, add the apple cider vinegar, mix, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Meantime wash the whole cabbage leaves and boil them in abundant salted water for ten minutes, then drain and let them drain
- prendere now each single leaf and stuff it inside with a little rice previously prepared,
- to close the leaf on itself and place each roll in a pan greased with oil, taking care to put the closing part on the bottom of the pan in order to block the roll.
- Continuation in this way until the ingredients are finished, sprinkle the cheese on the surface of the rolls and sprinkle them with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,
- bake and bake in a hot oven at 180 ° for about twenty minutes,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
How to store rice stuffed cabbage rolls:
Should they be left over, it is possible to keep the cabbage rolls stuffed with rice in the refrigerator for a couple of days as long as they are placed in special airtight containers.
You may be interested in other recipes with cabbage or other recipes for vegetarian rolls