To take care of our hair we can use natural ingredients such as flax seeds. It is a remedy that can promote scalp health as well as hair growth and shine. So let's find out how to use them best.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
To take care of our hair we can use natural ingredients such as i flax seed. It is a remedy that can promote scalp health as well as hair growth and shine. So let's find out how to use them best.
To keep hair healthy, there are several natural treatments that can be done very easily even at home with just a few ingredients. Among these precisely the flax seeds that help us have thick, robust and shiny hair.
Benefits of flax seeds for hair
Flax seeds can be useful for the health of our hair thanks to their properties:
- Vitamin E: contain a good dose of this substance that helps hair growth thanks to its antioxidant qualities that prevent damage to both the scalp and hair. It also increases blood circulation and prevents the early appearance of so-called "whites".
- They balance the pH and regulate the sebum: Flax seeds help balance pH levels and sebum production. These are two factors that directly affect the speed at which hair grows and its health. The precious seeds soothe the scalp and help to relieve the sebaceous glands which in this way are able to produce the right amount of oil for healthy hair development.
- They nourish: Flaxseeds are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for healthy hair growth. They nourish the follicles making them stronger and less prone to damage and improve the elasticity of the hair.
- Conditioners: flax seeds help to make the hair smoother and more manageable and also avoid breakage, split ends, dryness and frizz problems.
- They soothe inflammation of the scalp: Regular use of flax seeds prevents problems such as eczema and dandruff while also limiting hair loss.
Use for hair growth and health
Flax seeds are a great source of soluble and insoluble fiber. They can be used in various ways as a topical hair treatment but it is also a good idea to consume them in your daily diet to promote the health of the whole body from within.
Here are some flaxseed treatments that you can experiment with on your hair:
Flaxseed conditioner, mask and hair gel
To make this 3 in 1 product (conditioner, mask and flaxseed gel) you will need:
- 40 gr of flax seeds
- 250 ml of water
- 6 drops of sweet orange essential oil
It is done by soaking the flax seeds overnight in water and simmering them the next morning for 5 minutes before filtering and adding the essential oil. The natural remedy thus produced can be safely stored for about 2 weeks in the fridge and can be used as a normal conditioner, as a mask before shampooing or to be left on for the whole night and finally as a conditioning gel.
Hair pack with linseed oil
You will only need 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil and 45 minutes to take care of your hair with this pack. In a saucepan, lightly heat the linseed oil for a few seconds and then use it to massage the scalp for about 15 minutes and then move on to the actual hair.
Once this is done, wrap your head in a warm towel (you can use a hair dryer to heat it or put it in the oven for a few minutes) and leave on for 30 minutes before washing with a mild shampoo.
You can repeat the application 2 or 3 times a week. The heat helps the active ingredients of flax seeds to better penetrate the roots and hair shaft.
Flaxseed hair gel
For this recipe you will need:
1/4 cup of flax seeds
2 cups of water
1 spoon of lemon juice
In a saucepan, boil the water and flax seeds until the liquid begins to thicken. Then add a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix. Turn off the heat when the solution has become gelatinous and allow to cool before filtering and collecting the gel in a glass jar with a lid.
You can use this hair styling gel every morning or as a topical scalp treatment to promote hair growth.
Also try other recipes to make a flaxseed gel yourself (perhaps flavored with mandarin or chamomile):
- Natural hair gel: 5 flaxseed recipes
Include flax seeds in your diet
Here are some ideas:
Eat flaxseed when snacking
One of the simplest ways to include flaxseed in your diet is to use 2 tablespoons ground and raw every day for snacks. For example, they can be added to raw or sautéed vegetables, in salads but also on fresh fruit or in fruit salads. Also excellent in smoothies, in biscuit, muffin or bread recipes.
Aggiunti al muesli or allo yoghurt
Flax seeds are excellent added to your muesli (always better if freshly chopped at the moment) and to yogurt (even the vegetable variants). For example, you can try mixing 1 cup of yogurt with fresh seasonal fruit (excellent strawberries and blueberries in summer), 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
If you are looking for other ideas to take flaxseed daily, read also:
- Flax seeds: 10 ways to take them every day
On flax seeds and their uses, you may be interested in:
- Flax seeds: 10 uses as natural remedies
- Flax seeds: properties, benefits and where to find them