According to new research, making changes in lifestyle and, above all, in food choices can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, very often directly connected with a sedentary lifestyle and obesity.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Research has revealed that a lifestyle change can save thousands of people from 2 type diabetes.
The crisis ofobesity led to an epidemic of type 2 diabetes, a disease linked to overweight and inactivity.
Researchers at the University of Manchester found that the diabetes prevention program, developed by the National Health System, resulted in the diagnosis of around 18.000 fewer patients in England between 2018 and 2019.
The nine-month program included personalized diet plans that recommend eating healthier foods, such as replacing rice with bulghur. (Read also: Obesity and type 2 diabetes: protein that regulates body weight discovered)
A systematic review
Participants wore wristbands to monitor their sleep patterns and how often they ate.
More than four million people in the UK are living with type 2 diabetes and the National Health System spends more than £ 10 billion a year to treat the condition and its complications, which include ulcer, amputations and eye damage.
The 18.000 fewer diagnoses linked to the prevention program represent a 7% reduction in new cases between 2018 and 2019.
One million patients have been referred to follow this program since it was launched in 2016. It was found that those who completed it were able to reduce the risk of developing the condition by 37%.
This research underscores the importance of focusing on prevention and providing advice on healthy eating, food choices and exercise.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
Photos: University of Manchester
Sul diabetes could it be interesting for you:
- Type 2 diabetes: now even the general practitioner will be able to prescribe treatments
- Diabetes, now for sure! Little sleep also increases the risk of contracting type 2
- Type 2 Diabetes: The best drink to have for breakfast to help lower blood sugar levels
- Diabetes: Introducing these two little-used grains into your diet prevents type 2 diabetes and reduces the risk of getting sick
- Coffee reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes. New confirmation
- Artificial sweeteners increase the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes: does eating cheese reduce the risk of getting sick?
- Type 2 diabetes: 10 foods and tips to prevent it