Spinach and lentil meatballs on Jerusalem artichoke cream, the step-by-step recipe to prepare a light, tasty and satiating vegan second course, also excellent for children
Le spinach and lentil meatballs on Jerusalem artichoke cream I'm a recipe (vegan) tasty and satiating. Also perfect for meals away from home, they can be served both hot and at room temperature, which is why they are well suited to being included in the food of a cold buffet.
Also to be prepared in advance, spinach and lentil meatballs on Jerusalem artichoke cream can be made even tastier by adding sesame or poppy seeds to the breadcrumbs.
- 500 gr of topinambur
- 500 gr of fresh spinach already cleaned and washed
- 230 gr of dried lentils
- 1 red onion of Tropea IGP
- 80 gr of breadcrumbs
- olio ev q.b.
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare the spinach and lentil meatballs on Jerusalem artichoke cream : method
- Pillar Jerusalem artichoke and cut it into small pieces preferably of equal size, put them in a pan and cover them with water, add salt and cook, stirring occasionally until the cooking water is almost completely consumed,
- add then a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and pass it all in a food processor,
- transfer the Jerusalem artichoke puree in a bowl, cover with cling film and allow to cool.
- Meantime rinse the lentils under running water and peel the onion,
- cut finely the onion and combine it in a large pan together with the lentils,
- cover up with plenty of water and cook, stirring often,
- when the lentils are almost cooked, add the spinach too,
- continue cooking for a few minutes then drain and drain thoroughly.
- When the lentils and spinach have cooled down finely chop them with a mixer,
put them in a bowl and mix them with the breadcrumbs (if the mixture is too soft, add more breadcrumbs a little at a time)
- lining a baking tray with parchment paper and put inside the spinach and lentil meatballs obtained by swirling a little dough between the palms of your hands,
- sprinkle on the surface the meatballs with extra virgin olive oil
- and cook in a preheated oven at 180 ° for twenty minutes, then continue cooking in grill mode for another five minutes.
- Cooking when finished, remove from the oven immediately
- spinach and lentil meatballs on Jerusalem artichoke cream they can also be served immediately by serving them on a layer of Jerusalem artichoke cream.
If the Jerusalem artichoke cream should be left over, it must be kept in the refrigerator in special airtight containers for two to three days.
You may be interested in other recipes for vegetable meatballs, other recipes with lentils or recipes with Jerusalem artichoke