Semolina flan with pumpkin and broccoli, the recipe to prepare a filling and tasty first course with only vegetable ingredients
The semolina flan is a recipe inspired by the tradition of the capital with a delicate and inviting taste. In this interpretation, the semolina was cooked in vegetable broth and seasoned with seasonal vegetables (in our case pumpkin and broccoli) for a tantalizing and impressive vegan first course.
Semolina flan can also be prepared in advance then serve the finished dish both hot and at room temperature.
- 600 grams of pumpkin
- 600 grams of broccoli
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 gr semolina
- 1 L of water
- 1 tablespoon of homemade gnanular vegetable nut
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Rest time: -
- Dose: 4 people to
- difficulty: low
How to prepare semolina flan: procedure
- To clean the pumpkin by removing the peel, seeds and internal filaments, then roughly cut it,
- to wash the broccoli, cut it into florets and on the base of each bud cut the stem into four parts as if to form a cross.
- Unire the vegetables in a large pan together with the washed parsley and the peeled and coarsely chopped garlic,
- place over the heat and lightly brown, then add four glasses of water, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cooking water is completely consumed.
- Meantime put a liter of water in a non-stick pan, add the homemade granular vegetable nut and bring to the boil,
- Than we add the semolina and at the same time mix with a whisk or a wooden spoon so as not to form lumps,
- cook until you get a creamy and very dense consistency
- remove then the semolina from the pan and spread it on a sheet of parchment paper leveling it with a spatula until it is one centimeter thick and let it cool.
- Grease then with a drizzle of oil a baking dish, cut the semolina into pieces and place it in the baking dish covering its entire surface,
- stratification with vegetables and bake in a hot oven at 200 ° for twenty-five minutes,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and leave to rest for a few minutes before portioning.
How to store semolina flan:
The semolina flan can be stored in the refrigerator for one / two days as long as it is stored in airtight containers.
You may also be interested in other pumpkin recipes and other broccoli recipes