How to prepare salted potato donuts, a simple recipe that can be served as an aperitif or as a main course. Especially popular with children.
How to prepare the salty potato donuts, a simple recipe that can be served as an aperitif or as a main course. Especially popular with children.
Potato donuts in salted and baked version. Here is the recipe that we propose today after one collection of donuts and sweet donuts, potato and not, to be prepared at home. This recipe is really simple to make. You can serve the salty potato donuts as an aperitif or as a main course.
You will need one mold for donuts or donuts, which you can easily find in home improvement stores, supermarkets or online. With the indicated doses you will get 6 salted potato donuts the size of the donuts.
- 3 potatoes (370g raw)
- 1/2 sachet of cream of tartar yeast
- 5 gr sale
- 200 ml of water
- 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 150 grams of spelled flour or wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons of Origan chopped
- pepper to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
20 + 40 minutes
- Rest time:
for 6 donuts
How to make salted potato donuts cooked in the oven
- To start preparing these savory donuts you will need peel and wash the potatoes.
- Cut them into cubes. Boil or steam them until soft. Calculate that you will need 320 grams of cooked potatoes. So also weigh them after cooking to check.
- Pour the potatoes into a bowl and let them cool so you can work them without problems.
- Then transfer the potatoes to the mixer or food processor. Pour in the extra virgin olive oil e whisk. Gradually add the water and continue to blend until you have obtained a mixture similar to mashed potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the chopped oregano and taste.
- Little by little pour the flour and mix everything with a spoon (or continue to use your food processor if it is equipped with the kneading tool). The mixture must be homogeneous, rather thick but easy to distribute in the donut molds with a spoon.
- As a last ingredient add the yeast. You can use half a sachet of organic yeast with cream of tartar (About 11 grams, usually these sachets of unsweetened organic baking powder are 21 grams) or add 8 grams of cream of tartar and 4 grams of bicarbonate to the mixture.
- Quickly mix the dough one last time.
- Grease the donut molds with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, distribute the dough and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
- 10 appetizing recipes with potatoes
- 10 types of homemade sweet donuts
- Curry potato dumplings