Potato muffins, the (vegan) recipe without leavening and with unrefined ingredients enriched with DIY powdered rosemary
Potato scones, the yeast-free recipe to prepare delicious focaccia bread in a very short time to be used instead of bread. These pizzas, in fact, as well as being quick to knead, cook quickly both in the pan and in the oven and will make even the little ones happy.
To be served at dinner to accompany a second course or for a rich alternative snack, they can also enrich a birthday buffet. These vegan scones they are prepared with boiled potatoes and with spelled flour and then flavored with homemade rosemary powder.
Ingredients for 20 scones
- 1,2 Kg of potatoes
- 200 grams of spelled flour
- 20 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 gr of salt
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare potato scones: procedure
- To put the potatoes in a pot full of water, bring to a boil and cook until they are easily skewered with a fork, then remove them from the water and put them to cool,
- one time cold, peel them, mash them with a potato masher and put them in a large bowl.
- Rinse the rosemary, put its needles in a non-stick saucepan and dry it at low heat without letting it burn, then transfer them to a mortar and pulverize it.
- Add add the flour, salt, rosemary powder and oil to the mashed potatoes and mix until everything is combined.
- With the hands moisten take a little mixture, form the scones and place them on squares of parchment paper,
- after having finished the ingredients, it is possible to cook the scones either in a pot or in the oven,
- for the cooking in the pot you will have to place each muffin with parchment paper in a pan with a thick bottom and cook for about five minutes over moderate heat turning it with a spatula,
- for the cooking in the oven, on the other hand, they must be placed in a baking tray leaving them with parchment paper and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about ten minutes or in any case until golden brown.
- Cooking when finished, let the potato scones cool for a few minutes before serving.