Onion soup, here is the vegan recipe to prepare this delicious dish of French origins
Onion soup, la vegan recipe of a classic winter dish of French origins based on onions, butter and gruyere proposed here without ingredients of animal origin. From the delicate taste and with a velvety consistency, this soup is easy to cook and can be easily prepared even in advance, to be reheated before serving it together with crispy croutons.
The onion soup is one of those meals to be served in the evening when you return home cold and tired: to make it you need white onions, a good vegetable broth and semolina flour. To speed up cooking times, you can prepare the broth in advance or you can do it on the spot using home-made granular vegetable cube.
- 1 kg of white onions
- 100 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 80 grams of re-milled semolina flour
- 2 L of vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- pane q.b.
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to make onion soup: procedure
- To peel onions and finely chop,
- put them in a pan with the oil and brown them,
- cover up then with a lid and stirring occasionally, cook over moderate heat for about fifteen minutes,
- add then the flour and mix,
- sprinkle with the broth, season with salt, add the pepper preferably freshly ground and cook for another twenty minutes over medium heat, stirring often and adding more broth if necessary.
- Meantime brown the bread on a hot plate or pan and let it cool on a wire rack.
- When the onion soup will be ready put some croutons on the bottom of a plate and then cover them with the soup.
- The soup of onions must be served hot.