To solve problems related to the menstrual cycle (irregularities, pains, irritability, etc.) and menopause (hot flashes, dry skin and more), traditional medicine mainly offers hormonal or analgesic therapies. However, this is not the only possibility that women have to alleviate the most common ailments related to the gynecological sphere. In fact, there are many alternatives offered by natural medicine which in addition offer the advantage of being without side effects.
Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
To resolve the problems related to the menstrual cycle (irregularities, pains, irritability, etc.) and to the menopause (hot flashes, dry skin and more) traditional medicine offers above all hormonal or analgesic therapies. However, this is not the only possibility that women have to alleviate the most common ailments related to the gynecological sphere. In fact, there are many alternatives offered by natural medicine which in addition offer the advantage of being without side effects.
A nice summary of the main solutions and therapies was presented at Sana 2012 during the conference "Disorders of the menstrual cycle and entry into menopause" promoted by “The other medicine magazine". So here's what to try if you suffer from these ailments:
1) Homeopathic medicine: depending on the problem to be faced, homeopathy offers various remedies that vary not so much according to the symptom as to the person in front of you. With regard to this type of medicine it is in fact essential to understand that there is no universal solution for a given problem but that each individual is unique and it is necessary to evaluate the totality of his person (including emotions) before being able to choose a personalized remedy. Definitely Pulsatilla and Ignatia amara are among the homeopathic medicines most used to deal with gynecological disorders but only a good homeopath, after having made a thorough visit, will be able to find the best solution.
2) Chinese medicine: even this ancient medicine takes into account, more than the symptom itself, the totality of the individual, his psychology, the relationship with the environment and with food. According to this tradition, the problems of the menstrual cycle are related to organs such as lungs, spleen, stomach, kidney and heart. At the base of everything there is a disharmony of energy, of the blocks at the level of the meridians on which to act through different techniques: herbal remedies, acupuncture, massage, dietetics, medical gymnastics and more.
3) Ayurveda: this medicine of Indian origin evaluates the person at 360 ° considering not only his body but also the mind and spirit. These components have the same importance and all three must be treated and rebalanced. First, an Ayurvedic doctor will have to understand what your constitution is and then be able to propose personalized remedies ranging from diet to massages, from the use of spices to aromatherapy, from yoga to mantras and much more. A typical remedy for menstrual disorders and for problems related to menopause is the sesame oil compress to be done on the stomach. While in all cases a diet that is as light and healthy as possible is recommended during the cycle.
4) Herbal remedies: many disorders of the menstrual cycle and menopause depend on hormonal imbalances, help can also come from the plant world where there are several plants rich in phytoestrogens that can naturally compensate for hormonal imbalances. Among the herbs most used for various ailments are the chaste tree, garlic, achemilla, Chinese angelica, hawthorn, common borage, calendula, cypress, alfalfa, fennel, orange blossom, hypericum, flax, sage. You can ask your herbalist or naturopath which herbal remedy is best for your problem.
5) Foot reflexology: reflexology is nothing more than the complete reproduction of the whole body on a small part. The foot reflexology treatment is able to stimulate the endocrine system (i.e. the glands that produce hormones) so that it works correctly and, in addition, it touches the points that correspond to the ovaries and uterus, kidney, adrenals and intestines depending on the ailments. Reflexology can also help develop a situation of greater calm and tranquility in the patient, a condition that should not be underestimated given that various gynecological problems can depend on emotions.
6) Orthomolecular Medicine: it is that branch of natural medicine that uses vitamins and minerals to solve various problems including female ailments. Since we all eat refined products, rich in preservatives and often poor in real nourishment for our cells, it is often a good thing to make up for the deficiencies with some supplements. In the context of disorders of the female reproductive system, the positive actions of magnesium, vitamin B6, linseed oil, zinc and vitamin E are known. Also in this case it is necessary to evaluate which minerals or vitamins are lacking. body in order to be able to provide the right integration, always bearing in mind that it is primarily with a good diet that you can give your body all the substances it needs.
You just have to choose the natural therapy that seems more familiar to you or that inspired you the most ...
- Menstrual pains: 10 natural remedies to relieve them
- How to reduce menstrual pain with natural remedies