Pregnancy: how to fight insomnia in the nine months of gestation.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Sleep e pregnancy: almost for all those who are expecting a baby, the painful notes are triggered at night. In fact, during the nine months of gestation insomnia is around the corner and, either because of the position that cannot be found, or because of the thousand thoughts that that beautiful baby bump gives, the pregnant woman has a light, light sleep and sometimes even non-existent. How, then, to take a refreshing nap and ensure that the night passes peacefully even during pregnancy?
If in the first weeks in which you discover that you are pregnant you can feel very sleepy and you would want to sleep all the time, on the other hand in the months to come it will disruption of hormones but also any nutritional deficiencies (in particular iron, mineral salts, potassium and magnesium) make the practice of sleeping quite complicated. They also put their own, as if that were not enough, the frequent urge to pee and heaviness legs were not even boulders.
In short, the combination of hormone overload, first of all progesterone, a constant need to urinate, the typical pre-maternity nervousness, psychological fatigue and an increasingly heavy belly can lead to insomnia even those who have never suffered from it.
How to overcome this problem? Here are some suggestions:
- beer yes, but in moderation in the evening: stock up on fluids especially during the morning and in the afternoon and drink only when thirsty at night to prevent dehydration. It will help you do some Kegel exercises every day to strengthen the bladder walls. Read here our tips on how to strengthen the pelvic floor
- take care of nutrition and avoid thinking foods especially in the evening. Also limit the consumption of spicy foods, tomatoes and foods that can promote the onset of gastric acidity
- do physical exercise to avert the risk of leg cramps. If they do come, a magnesium supplement is helpful for many women. Low levels of magnesium can contribute to muscle tension and spasms. Here, too, a warm bath before bed along with stretching can help relax the legs
READ also: Magnesium: properties, benefits, needs and DEFICIENCY
- avoid containing drinks caffeine especially before going to bed. About one and a half cups of coffee or three / four cups of tea can also be taken during pregnancy. But in pregnant women, caffeine remains in circulation for longer, so it should not be taken after 13.00pm.
- make the bedroom as relaxing as possible and with a comfortable temperature
- read a good one book or listen relaxing music before sleeping and ask your gynecologist for a good relaxing herbal tea
On pregnancy, you may also be interested in:
WHAT IS THE POSITION TO SLEEP?
SLEEPING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BODY: ALL THE BENEFITS FOR HEALTH
DIET IN PREGNANCY: WHAT TO EAT, WEEKLY SCHEDULE AND FOODS TO AVOID
PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS: THE 15 MOST COMMON
- sleep on left hip with legs slightly bent. In this way, this position will prevent the fetus from pressing on the internal organs such as the liver and kidneys and will also make the blood circulation better.