How much time do we need to spend in the sun to stock up on vitamin D? Here is the opinion of the Veronesi Foundation
How much time do we need to spend in the sun to stock up on vitamin D? Vitamin D is an essential nutrient for the body: the body needs this substance to absorb calcium. This substance is useful for bone growth, bone healing and the immune system.
Read also: Vitamin D: how many minutes a day does it take to stay in the sun to stock up on it?
In addition to certain foods, the body obtains this vitamin from the sun. But how long does it take to stay exposed while avoiding skin health risks? According to the Veronesi Foundation, 40 minutes a day are enough in a short-sleeved T-shirt and shorts. However, that may not be enough; for this it is necessary to contact your doctor and evaluate the specific situation through analyzes.
- Follow your Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
On vitamin D read also:
- Vitamin D and breast cancer, the link discovered by scientists that could save hundreds of lives
- Vitamin D: how many minutes a day does it take to stay in the sun to stock up on it?
- Does being in the sun with sunscreen really block vitamin D?
- Scientists discovered another side effect of vitamin D deficiency
- Vitamin D: where it is found, what it is used for and how to stock up on it
- Vitamin D: symptoms and consequences of a deficiency
- Vitamin D: the importance of the sun and the myths to dispel
- Vitamin D: how to get your daily dose with a simple trick suggested by the nutritionist
- A year later, here's what we know about vitamin D to prevent covid-19