Do your little ones really like those fresh fridge snacks advertised by Fiona May and her family? Well, from today you can make them at home too, using fresh, quality ingredients and without preservatives: your Verdiana has experimented the recipe for you, taking a cue from those found on the web and making some personal changes. We can guarantee that the taste will not be affected at all by the lack of added emulsifiers, flavors and fats!
Here's how to make some fantastic ones homemade milk slices, using using fresh ingredients,quality and without preservatives. We can guarantee that the taste will not be affected at all by the lack of added emulsifiers, flavors and fats!
- 40 0 grams of flour
- 20 gr of whole wheat flour
- 60 grams of powdered sugar
- 60 grams of softened butter
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 250 ml of whipping cream
- 2 spoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
2 hours in the refrigerator
for 6 servings
Slice with milk: preparation
- In a bowl, combine the icing sugar and butter cut into small pieces and with a wooden spoon, mix until you get a smooth and compact cream.
- Pour the egg whites into a tall, narrow container, add the salt and baking soda and whisk until stiff with whips until a very firm foam is obtained.
- Pour the egg whites over the butter cream and mix slowly, making movements from the bottom up, in order to incorporate air and thus obtain a soft sponge cake.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder, then pour it over the mixture creamy, mix until a homogeneous cream is obtained.
- At this point, turn on the oven at 200 degrees (ventilated) and here begins the most delicate phase: line the oven plate with the appropriate card, then pour the mixture into it and - using a spatula or a kitchen brush, distribute it evenly forming a rather thin layer (about 3-4 millimeters thick).
- Place in the oven and cook for a maximum of 3-4 minutes (no more otherwise the sponge cake becomes crunchy), then take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream, add the honey and maple syrup and mix well.
- When the sponge cake has cooled down, gently cut the edges of the rectangle, in order to finish it in the shape, cut it into two equal parts and cover one of the two layers with cream: be careful not to stuff the ends too much, you will have to dirty them slightly. Once this is done, cover with the other layer of sponge cake and press lightly with your hands to distribute the filling evenly.
- To do a perfect job, help yourself with a rolling pin, but don't press too hard, otherwise the sponge cake will break.
- At this point, cut the cake thus obtained into six portions (or more), wrap them individually with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Your slice of milk ready!
Cover photo source: robadadonne.com