Garcinia cambogia is a sub-tropical plant with many properties, widespread as a remedy for weight loss, but what are the real benefits, how to use it and what are the contraindications?Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
La Garcinia cambogia is a sub-tropical plant of many property, widespread as a remedy for weight loss, but what are the real benefits, how to use it and what are the contraindications?
Garcinia cambogia originates from Indonesia, in particular from the Garcinia region, from which it takes its name.
Also known as Malabar tamarind, Garcinia cambogia produces green-skinned fruits that are used in India and Indonesia in traditional nutrition, but the fame of this plant in the West is linked to its ability to promote body weight loss. . However, this is a feature that still needs to be completely clarified, even if there are already supplements based on Garcinia cambogia on the market.
Garcinia cambogia, properties
The part of Garcinia cambogia most used to prepare supplements and in diets designed for weight loss is the peel of its fruits, rich in particular in a very important active ingredient for those who want to lose weight. Let's find out now all the properties of this natural remedy:
- Avoid fat deposits and burn existing ones: the active ingredient present in garcinia cambogia and active against fats is HCA, or hydroxycitric acid. This substance inhibits the action of an enzyme in our body that has the function of metabolizing fats. This is why new lipid deposits are avoided and the elimination of existing ones is favored.
- Increases the sense of satiety: always the HCA is responsible for the sense of satiety that favors the garcinia. Also in this case the benefit is due to the fact that the fats already present are used in the best way.
- Increase Serotonin: the fruits of garcinia are able to raise the levels of serotonin inside the brain, a beneficial effect for those on a diet (it is always useful to keep the sense of hunger at bay) but a little for everyone since it is of the good mood hormone.
- Lowers triglycerides and cholesterol: thanks to the action it has on fats, garcinia can help keep cholesterol and triglycerides at bay.
- Promotes digestion: Ayurvedic medicine in particular gives it the ability to promote the work of the stomach and intestines, especially if taken in the form of a decoction.
- Slightly laxative: given the beneficial effect on the entire digestive system, garcinia also boasts a slight laxative effect.
Garcinia cambogia, how to use it
Garcinia Cambogia is popular above all as a supplement to increase the sense of satiety, to promote weight loss, to balance the metabolism of fats and in uses as a mild laxative. Garcinia cambogia as a fruit is however used in Indonesian cuisine due to its characteristic flavor that is able to enhance the taste of numerous dishes.
Generally in the West, Garcinia is used in the form of a natural supplement, there are different kinds and with a more or less high quantity of active ingredients.
As suggested by the herbalist Beatrice Ciarletti, the supplements of garcinia cambogia chosen with the aim of promoting weight loss, should be taken in the right doses to avoid that they do not have the desired effect. Our expert recommends the dose of 1 gram 3 times a day. Lower doses of the active ingredients of this plant, in fact, would be absolutely ineffective.
Does Garcinia Cambogia Really Work?
There are doubts about the actual functioning of Garcinia cambogia supplements that promise rapid weight loss. From this point of view we remember that to lose weight it is not enough to rely on a supplement but it is necessary to follow a balanced diet and practice physical activity, even better if under the guidance of an expert.
While the results of research on animals show interesting results of garcinia on weight loss, those carried out on a human sample still present doubts to be investigated. In particular, one study examined the potential effects of Garcinia cambogia as an anti-obesity agent, but the efficacy of the component of this fruit (hydroxycitric acid) as a substance useful for weight loss did not produce significant effects superior to those of placebo.
There is therefore a need for further studies to better clarify all the mechanisms of action of this remedy on our body.
Read also: Lose weight with garcinia cambogia supplements
Contraindications of Garcinia Cambogia
The use of Garcinia cambogia is to be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding or if you suffer from kidney problems or diabetes. Also be careful if you take medications, such as those for asthma and allergy, painkillers or cholesterol-lowering drugs (statins). This plant can in fact interfere with them, always ask your doctor for advice first.
More than the actual side effects of Garcinia cambogia supplements, it is the ineffectiveness that we fear. On sale there are supplements with a formulation that indicates a daily intake of 1000 mg per day of Garcinia cambogia and with a percentage of hydroxycitric acid equal to 60%.
It is a product approved by the Ministry of Health but which is actually quite expensive. Will it really be worth buying and trying it out in the hope that it will make us lose weight? If in doubt, it is better to follow a diet designed by a nutritionist who knows how to indicate the most suitable foods for us and a healthy lifestyle to follow to lose weight.
Have you ever taken Garcinia cambogia as a supplement? Were there any benefits?
Buy Garcinia Cambogia Supplements on Amazon
For other natural remedies that promote weight loss, read also:
- How to lose weight with turmeric
- How to lose weight with ginger
- 10 foods and natural remedies that help you get back in shape
- 10 drinks that help you lose weight