The focaccia stuffed with chard, the step by step recipe to make it soft, appetizing and digestible, being prepared with sourdough and enriched with a pinch of turmeric.
La focaccia stuffed with chard, the recipe step by step to make it soft, appetizing and digestible being prepared with mother pasta and enriched with a pinch of turmeric.
The preparation of the focaccia stuffed with chard is simple and does not require particular attention; the leavening takes place for half of its duration in the refrigerator and this therefore allows the dough not only to grow back, but also to mature.
The focaccia stuffed with chard can be served either lukewarm or at room temperature and, if consumed the next day, it will be as good as freshly baked.
- 500 gr of type 1 flour
- 400 gr of type 2 flour
- 500 ml of water
- 20 gr of salt
- 50 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 gr of turmeric powder (optional)
- 150 gr of sourdough
- 1 Kg of beets already boiled
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
24 hours of leavening
4 people to
How to prepare the focaccia stuffed with chard: procedure
- Unire flour and turmeric in a large bowl,
- to melt the sourdough in the water, then add it to the flour and start kneading,
- to merge even the oil
- and only after having incorporated it into the dough, add the salt.
- knead until a smooth, non-sticky mass is obtained,
- Than we cover with food film in contact so as not to dry the surface of the dough and let it rise for twenty-four hours,
- when the dough will have doubled its volume
- season chard with extra virgin olive oil or, if you like, sauté it in a pan with oil, garlic and chilli,
- lubrication with oil the bottom of a pan and flatten three / quarters of the dough inside,
- stuff with beets,
- and pave now the remaining dough and lay it on the beets,
- refold the lower dough inwards, taking care to press a little to close the focaccia well,
- prick the surface with the tines of a fork and bake in a hot oven at 220 ° for about half an hour or in any case until golden brown.
- Cooking when finished, remove from the oven and leave to rest for a few minutes before portioning.
One more tip:
It will be useful to let the dough rise in the refrigerator for the first twelve hours, after which take it out, let it cool, then knead again and let it rise until doubled; if the atmospheric temperature is low, it will be useful to do the second leavening in the oven off, with the door closed and the light on.
You may be interested in other recipes with chard, other recipes with sourdough or other sourdough focaccia