Pancakes with cranberry juice, the recipe to prepare them without butter and with little added sugar
Pancakes with cranberry juice, prescription to prepare the typical American blueberry-flavored sweet pancakes at home. Soft and with a delicate taste, they are usually served in breakfast, but they are also suitable for being prepared for a snack.
Typically stars and stripes, pancakes are also known and prepared in different parts of the world; the variations are really many and there are also in savory version. What unites them everywhere is the cooking method: in a pan for a few minutes per side.
In our version the basic ingredients (not very refined) are enriched by blueberry juice which gives a delicate aroma as well as a particular purple color that will really conquer everyone. With no butter and no added white sugar, cranberry juice pancakes can be served with fresh fruit or a little agave syrup and chopped almonds.
- 130 1 grams of flour
- 1 egg
- 150 ml of cranberry juice
- 3 gr of honey
- 2 gr of baking powder
- sunflower oil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to make pancakes with cranberry juice: procedure
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl,
- add to follow the egg and honey and start mixing everything,
- to merge finally also the blueberry juice and continue to work the mixture until everything is well blended,
- lubrication a pan lightly with a little oil, heat it, then put a couple of spoonfuls of the mixture into it, cook the pancake until bubbles form on the surface, then turn it with a spatula and continue cooking for a few minutes,
- cooking when finished, place the pancakes on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil and continue in this way until the mixture is finished.
- I pancake with cranberry juice they can be served still hot or even at room temperature.
You may also be interested in the original pancake recipe or other variations for making them at home