Chat in the oven, the step by step recipe to prepare them crumbly and tasty
Chat in the oven, here she is prescription of one of the most popular Carnival sweets in our peninsula which, based on the geographical area of origin, has many variations and different names, such as, for example, hit, crostoli o Cenci. The best known recipe involves frying, but the baked version is also very popular. In the latter case, the doses of the ingredients vary to make them light and crumbly.
Preparing baked chiacchere is quick and easy. To be served to snack or in one carnival party, these sweets sprinkled with powdered brown sugar will delight young and old alike.
- 400 grams of re-milled semolina flour
- 80 gr of brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- powdered brown sugar to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare oven-baked chiacchere: procedure
- Leek in the mixer the flour, salt, sugar, grated lemon peel and yeast, e
- mix with the leaf hook,
- to incorporate now the eggs and five tablespoons of lemon juice,
- and finally also the butter and continue to knead with the hook until the dough is compact, if you prefer you can also knead by hand respecting the same order of adding the ingredients.
- Smooth out the dough with the dough sheeter until you get a sheet about one millimeter thick e
- with a wheel notched form rectangles, engrave them internally with cuts
- and place them in the dripping pan lined with parchment paper,
- bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° and bake for about thirteen / fifteen minutes or in any case until golden brown.
- Cooking when finished, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack,
- before serving them, sprinkle the baked chiacchere with icing brown sugar.
How to preserve the chiacchere in the oven:If stored in airtight containers, baked chiacchere will keep their fragrance for two / three days. You may also be interested in other recipes and variations of frappe baked chatter (including vegan) or other carnival sweets