Risotto with radicchio, the step by step recipe to prepare it
Il radicchio risotto it's a first course traditional that was born many years ago in the Treviso area. From the simple preparation and the very particular flavor, this recipe is often enriched in its variations by the addition of cheeses, meats or dried fruit. What we propose is the vegetarian version risotto with radicchio that will amaze you with its delicate and creamy flavor.
Based on vegetable broth, early red radicchio di Treviso PGI and rice, this recipe involves creaming with a little clarified butter that will sweeten the slightly bitter aftertaste typical of this vegetable. If you follow a vegan diet you can replace it with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- 300 gr of early red radicchio di Treviso IGP
- 2 L of vegetable broth
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 red onion
- 400 of rice
- 1 tablespoon of clarified butter
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare radicchio risotto: procedure
- Leek water in a large pot, add two tablespoons of homemade vegetable granular cube and bring to a boil.
- To peel in the meantime the onion, cut it finely and add it in a large pot together with a drizzle of oil,
- browse and now wash the radicchio and finely chop it too,
- add it in the pot and start browning,
- to merge to follow also the rice and continue to brown,
- vanish then with the broth still hot, adding a few ladles at a time,
- and cook for the minutes indicated by the manufacturer of the rice, taking care to mix often and add the broth if necessary,
- when the rice will be al dente, regular with salt and stir in the butter,
- cooking when finished, serve and serve immediately.
One more tip:
Due to lack of time it is possible to prepare the risotto even in advance, just keep a little vegetable broth aside and before serving it just heat it by adding a few tablespoons of hot broth.
One more idea:
To make this dish always different, at the time of creaming, you can add chopped walnuts or apples previously peeled and cut into small cubes.Discover also the variant of risotto with radicchio with almonds and apples You may also be interested in other recipes with radicchio and other seasonal risotto recipes