How to prepare grilled aubergines, a very simple recipe for a traditional summer side dish or as a base for further preparations based on seasonal aubergines. Easy to make and can be served both cold and at room temperatureHow to prepare the grilled aubergines, a very simple recipe for a summer outline traditional or as a base for further preparations based on seasonal aubergines. Easy to make and can be served both cold and at room temperature. To prepare grilled aubergines, you can use all the varieties of aubergines that exist in nature. Once passed on the grill, these are seasoned with good extra virgin olive oil, With the 'garlic ed herbs. Precisely for this particular and abundant seasoning it is good let the grilled aubergines rest for a few hours before serving, in this period of time the ingredients will release their flavor making this seasonal side dish truly exceptional.
Grilled aubergines can accompany your dishes or they can be a delicious condiment for yours pasta salad or even to fill tasty sandwiches, thus making your own light meals and many tasty ones.
- 800 gr of aubergines
- 4 sprigs of basil
- 4 sprigs of mint
- 2 cloves of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- sale qb
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
How to prepare grilled aubergines:
- lavare the aubergines and cut the stalk, then cut them in half and cut them into slices about three / four millimeters thick, according to your personal tastes the aubergines can be sliced whole or even thicker.
- lavare the aromatic herbs and peel the garlic, then slice everything coarsely.
- Do heat a grill or a non-stick pan and roast the aubergines inside, cooking them for a few minutes on both sides,
and place the grilled aubergines in a saucer to cool.
- Stratification now in a bowl the slices of aubergine, taking care to season each layer with salt, garlic, herbs and a drizzle of oil,
- is critical that the surface of the grilled aubergines is always completely covered with oil. Then cover with cling film and refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to store grilled aubergines:
Grilled aubergines can be stored in the refrigerator for two to three days, as long as they are placed in special airtight containers and always well covered with oil.For other eggplant recipes:
- Eggplant stuffed with pasta
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Eggplant meatballs
- Homemade eggplant cream
- Breaded eggplant in the oven
- Eggplant caponata (Sicilian)
- Aubergines in oil
- Stuffed eggplant