Eggplant cordon bleu, the vegetarian recipe for a tasty summer main course
Eggplant cordon Bleu, prescription to prepare a second vegetarian tasty and flavorful that even children will love. An alternative to the classic meat-based recipe, this summer dish has a crunchy outer crust that encloses a soft, stringy cheese and zucchini filling.
To be prepared with fresh seasonal vegetables, the cordon bleu are usually cooked in boiling oil; to ensure that the filling does not come out and that the aubergines do not stick to the cooking oil, the canonical steps described below must be followed.
For a lighter version, eggplant cordon bleu they can also be cooked in the oven, in this way you can reduce calories without giving up the crunchiness.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 slices of edamer cheese
- 1 egg
- zucchini to taste
- 1 flour to taste
- breadcrumbs to taste
- sunflower oil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare aubergine cordon bleu: procedure
- lavare the aubergine, cut off the stalk and cut it into slices about half a centimeter thick,
- match each slice with another of similar size and arrange them open on a cutting board,
- stuff one eggplant of each pair with pieces of cheese, courgettes and other pieces of cheese, and then cover with the other slice of aubergine,
- passare now each pair of aubergines stuffed in flour, and then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs,
- cook then on both sides in oil bills until golden brown and to absorb any excess oil on kitchen paper,
- or put them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and greased with oil, sprinkle them on the surface with a drizzle of oil and bake them in a hot oven at 200 ° for about ten minutes or in any case until golden brown.
- The blue eggplant cordon they must be served immediately, possibly accompanying them with fresh seasonal vegetables.
You may also be interested in:
- recipes with eggplant
- recipes for vegetarian main courses
- stuffed eggplant recipes
- recipes for children