Croissant, here is the step by step recipe to prepare homemade croissants with sourdough to serve for breakfast.
Croissant, here she is prescription to prepare i homemade croissant with mother pasta to be served at breakfast. It is possible to stuff them with homemade jams and marmalades and they are also perfect for being soaked in tea or coffee with milk.
To be mixed with not very refined flour, i homemade croissants with sourdough they are prepared with a simple method and within everyone's reach; they can be made either with the aid of a planetary mixer or by hand, in the latter case you will only have to have a little patience to string the dough, otherwise it will be a real child's play.
Ingredients for 16 croissants
- 80 gr of sourdough
- 350 1 grams of flour
- 2 eggs
- 80 gr of brown sugar
- 80 gr of milk
- 30 gr of butter preferably Bavarian
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
Approximately 30 hours of leavening
8 people to
medium / low
How to prepare croissants with sourdough: procedure
- To melt the sourdough in the milk, then incorporate the eggs, sugar and finally the flour,
- and continue to knead until the dough becomes elastic and is no longer sticky,
- flour a bowl with additional flour and place the dough inside it,
- leave rise until doubled then take it back
- deflate it with your hands giving it a square shape, then fold the right side inwards and then the left side and then the upper and lower flaps towards the center,
- cover up with a bowl and leave to rest for about fifteen minutes,
- passed which divide the dough into six parts of equal weight.
- To melt in a bain-marie the butter and let it cool a little
- and in the meantime roll out a part of the dough with a rolling pin and brush it on the surface with melted butter,
- flatten another and superimpose it on the first, butter it and continue like this until the dough is finished.
- Smooth out now the discs just overlapped until a sheet of about two / three millimeters thick is obtained,
- divide it into sixteen wedges, and make a small cut about one centimeter long on the wide part of each.
- Leaving from the wide part roll each clove on itself thus obtaining a croissant,
place the croissants in a dripping pan lined with parchment paper a little apart, cover them with a clean cloth and wait for them to double in volume.
- After leavening, brush the croissants with additional milk and bake in a hot oven at 180 ° for about fifteen minutes or until golden brown.
- Cooking when finished, take them out of the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Once cold, keep the croissants with sourdough in airtight containers so as not to alter their fragrance.
One more tip:
The atmospheric temperature affects the leavening, so if it is very cold it will be advisable to put the dough to rise in the oven off, with the door closed and the light on, the heat of the light alone will help the leavening; however, it is essential that the dough is left to rise away from drafts.
For other homemade brioche recipes read here. READ also:
HOMEMADE CORNETTI AND BRIOCHE WITH MOTHER PASTA WITHOUT HYDROGENATED FATS