Apple chips, the recipe without a dryer to prepare a healthy and delicious snack for young and old.
Le apple chips, the recipe without dryer to prepare one snack healthy and delicious for young and old. Crunchy, healthy and really tasty, apple chips are a valid alternative to classic snacks, but they are also suitable for decorating desserts or to enrich the breakfast.
The preparation of the apple chips is really simple and they can also be prepared without a dryer: in fact, your oven, set at a moderate temperature, will still give you the right success of the recipe.
- 4 red apples
- 150 gr of brown sugar
- 300 grams of water
- ground cinnamon to taste (optional)
- 1 file
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare apple chips: procedure
- To pour the water in a saucepan and add the sugar, place on the stove, bring to a boil, then turn off and let it cool.
- When the syrup will be cold add a little cinnamon, and the lime juice,
- Than we wash the apples, peel them, remove the core and cut them into slices about two millimeters thick,
- dip them in the cinnamon and lime syrup, drain well e
- ask them on a wire rack lined with parchment paper.
- Pass them in a hot oven at 90 ° for about three / four hours, turning them often (the drying duration will depend on the oven and the thickness of the apple slices).
- When the apples will be well dehydrated and crunchy and can be taken out of the oven.
One more tip:
If you like it, you can also not peel the apples, but you must be sure that the peel is edible (organic origin is also recommended as apples are one of the most contaminated fruits by pesticides.
How to store apple chips:
The apple chips can be stored for about six days in tin boxes.
You may also be interested in other apple recipes or other chip recipes