After the holidays, do you still have an open bottle of sparkling wine in the fridge? We give you some ideas to recycle it!
Do you still have an open bottle of sparkling wine in the fridge? We give you some ideas to recycle it!
The guest of honor in every celebration is the sparkling wine. But if there is still some left in the bottle after the holidays, what do we do with it? Obviously, it is not thrown away. From cooking to beauty treatments, there are many different uses we can make with the leftover toast. Here are our tips to not waste even a drop, some will amaze you!Recipes with bubbles
Our sparkling friend proves to be a magnificent ally in the kitchen, giving our dishes a special taste. Let's see some ideas for reusing leftover sparkling wine. Even when it's no longer so effervescent it's fine.
Risotto with sparkling wine recipe
One of the classic recipes to reuse sparkling wine is definitely risotto. Here you can see our recipe.
Vegan French onion soup recipe
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1,5 kg of white onions
- 150 ml of sparkling wine
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 l of vegetable broth
- 300 grams of stale bread
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove of garlic
- sea salt to taste
- dried bay leaf to taste
- dried thyme to taste
- pepper to taste (optional)
- vegan parmesan
For the "Vegan Parmesan", blend all the following ingredients finely until you obtain a powder with a consistency similar to grated Parmesan:
- 4 tablespoons of peeled almonds
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- Thinly slice the onions and pour them into a saucepan previously heated with extra virgin olive oil. Let them brown for about 5 minutes until they become translucent.
- Add the sparkling wine and let it cook for another 2 - 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and finely chopped garlic. Season to your liking with salt, bay leaf and thyme and let it cook over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Separately dilute the spoonful of flour with a little cold water and then pour it into the onion soup so that it acquires density.
- If you wish, add pepper.
- Arrange the slices of stale bread on the bottom of the plates you will use to serve, pour over the onion soup and add the vegan parmesan.
Sweet recipe: vegan sparkling wine muffin
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
- 1 ¼ cups of soft wheat flour
- ¾ cup of whole brown sugar
- 5 g of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of sparkling wine
- ¼ cup of seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Here 5 ways to make vanilla bean extract at home)
- Turn on the oven to 180 ° and place 12 cups for cupcakes in the special pan or grease it with oil by adding a little flour.
- In a bowl, mix the sifted dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Divide the muffin mixture evenly in the pan with the help of a spoon.
- Cook for about 15-18 minutes. We advise you to check the cooking with a toothpick and if the inside of the muffins is still damp, you can let them cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Muffins with glamor ready!
You can also customize this recipe by adding chocolate chips or goji berries or fruit to your liking to the dough.Sparkling wine beauty treatments
You may not have imagined it, but sparkling wine, thanks to its antioxidant properties, can offer many benefits such as nourishing our skin and protecting our body. It is no coincidence that there are now sparkling wine-based beauty products on the market. Use the leftovers of sparkling wine (preferably those left in the glasses and that you will no longer be able to use in the kitchen) to try these beauty rituals:
Sparkling wine on your hair
Sparkling wine is a great option for keeping hair silky and shiny, especially for those with light hair. Just mix half a cup of hot water with half a cup of leftover sparkling wine and apply it to your hair. Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse as usual. You will have brighter hair.
The sparkling wine for the face
Sparkling wine has antioxidant properties, which could act as a facial tonic. To apply it, dip a cotton swab in the sparkling wine and wipe it on your face and neck. This anti-aging treatment is suitable for normal, combination and oily skin.
Sparkling wine for the body
A bath is always regenerating, but if you do it with sparkling wine even better. While taking a bath, put leftover sparkling wine in the tub and let this natural antioxidant invigorate your skin.
Now you know how to reuse the last bubbles of our sparkling wine!