Find out how and why ginger can help you lose weight thanks to its "fat-burning" properties that activate the metabolism
Find out how and why it is ginger can help you lose weight thanks to its "fat-burning" properties capable of activating the metabolism, facilitating digestion and appeasing the sense of hunger.
It really is possible lose weight with ginger? Let's find out how to best use this rhizome to exploit its slimming power. Losing weight is a goal that we often set ourselves especially in view of the summer. The first mistake absolutely not to do is to believe that it represents the panacea and the solution to our overweight problems: unfortunately there is no miraculous remedy to lose weight, but certainly nature offers us foods, spices and natural substances that, in the context of a healthy diet and physical activity can help us. Among these precisely ginger. (Also Read: Fat Burning Spices: 10 Amazing Herbs That Can Help You Lose Weight)
Slimming properties of ginger
Ginger can help weight loss thanks to some active ingredients that give it interesting properties. It is in particular the gingerol (the same that gives the spicy aftertaste to this spice) to have a slimming effect. It is in fact one thermogenic substance which allows to increase the body temperature, give a boost to the metabolism and therefore burn even more fat.
This whole process is favored by a balanced lifestyle, that is it is not enough to include ginger in your diet to lose weight, but it is necessary to follow a healthy diet overall and to practice sports or walk for at least 30 minutes a day.
Other interesting properties of ginger useful for weight loss are those related to the digestive process: this rhizome, in fact, favors the digestion of macronutrients such as carbohydrates and proteins, reducing, at the same time, intestinal gas, but also the sense of hunger. Digesting easier also means better absorbing nutrients while the deflating effect will certainly be appreciated by those who want to see their stomach flatter. If you use ginger correctly, this spice will also prove useful in avoiding extra snacks with respect to the meal plan you have set for yourself.
To recap ginger is useful in weight loss as:
- speeds up the metabolism
- allows you to burn fat better
- promotes the digestion of proteins and carbohydrates
- helps to deflate the belly
- appeases the sense of hunger
On the properties of ginger you can also learn: Ginger, What happens to the body by taking it every day
Ginger, how to use it for weight loss
Lo ginger for weight loss it can be used in several ways: you can add a little of this spice to your smoothies o Estratti of fruit and vegetables (try for example apple and ginger or carrot and ginger), grate some on vegetables or other dishes you eat for lunch and dinner or use it as a hunger breaker simply by chewing bits of its rhizome between meals.
Obviously it is good avoid it candied ginger and the dried one, variants very rich in sugars and therefore not suitable for those who want to lose weight.
Another recommended way is that of prepare the ginger tea and enrich it perhaps with a little fresh lemon juice. This combination of natural ingredients is particularly suitable for those who want to lose weight since on the one hand ginger activates the metabolism and allows you to burn more fat, on the other hand lemon promotes diuresis and helps detoxify the body.
Linfusion of ginger or ginger and lemon can be consumed several times during the day both hot and lukewarm. If, on the other hand, you prefer a more refreshing drink suitable for the summer season, you can prepare theflavored water with ginger and lemon.
With ginger you can also prepare a flavored oil to be used when needed (but don't exaggerate since the goal is weight loss) on your favorite dishes.
In summary, you can use ginger inside:
- centrifuged and extracts
- grated over vegetables or other dishes
- as it is in pieces as a hunger-breaker
- as an infusion or herbal tea, preferably with the addition of lemon
- flavored water
- flavored oil
Ginger, how much to consume per day
Ma how much ginger to take per day to get the desired slimming effects? A sporadic consumption of ginger is certainly beneficial but does not allow to obtain good results for the purpose of weight loss. We must therefore be constant in hiring a daily dose of ginger ranging from 10 to 30 grams of fresh root.
If, on the other hand, you have the dried powder, the maximum quantity is decidedly lower and is around to 3/4 grams. Higher dosages are not recommended as they can create gastrointestinal disturbances but also skin rashes. Read also: GINGER: HOW MUCH TO TAKE IT TO ENHANCE ITS PROPERTIES
If you want to lose weight using ginger or other natural remedies associated with proper nutrition and physical activity, we still advise you to consult an expert nutritionist who will evaluate the situation as a whole and will be able to guide you in the best way so that you can reach your goal in full health.
Ginger for weight loss, mistakes NOT to make
- Do not associate it with a healthy diet and physical activity, believing that alone it can give you the desired results. No food or supplement can do this!
- Consume too little
- Consuming too much (see also: ginger is not always good for you: the cases in which it is dangerous for your health)
- Consume candied ginger or dried ginger
- Take herbal teas and extracts with too many sugars or sweeteners added. It would be better to drink them without anything, but if you like a little sweet at most, add half a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup.
- Do not consult your doctor in case of adverse reactions or taking medications that could interfere
Anyone who takes ginger should be careful about the intake of ginger drugs, especially the anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents, in this case, in fact, there is the danger of increasing its effectiveness. Always ask your doctor for advice.
As already mentioned, then, in high doses this rhizome can cause side effects to the gastrointestinal system. Finally there are cases of allergy to this plant, although rare, so if you take it for the first time, pay attention to any reactions of your body.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
About ginger you might be interested in:
- GINGER: ALL SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN PROPERTIES
- GINGER AND LEMON: WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BODY BY TAKING THEM EVERY DAY
- GINGER: 10 EXTRAORDINARY HEALTH BENEFITS
- GINGER: ALL THE PROPERTIES AND TRICKS TO ENHANCE THE BENEFITS
Found many recipes based on ginger in the following articles:
- GINGER: 10 RECIPES TO USE IT BEST
- GINGER: 10 IDEAS (PLUS ONE) TO INCLUDE IT IN YOUR EVERYDAY DIET
- DECOCT OF GINGER TO FIGHT THE FLU
- GINGER HERBAL TEA: RECIPE, HOW TO PREPARE IT, BENEFITS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- DETOX: 10 AROMATIZED WATERS TO PURIFY
- GINGER OIL: HOW TO PREPARE AND USE IT
To know tips to lose weight more easily read also:
- HOW TO LOSE QUICKLY WITHOUT GOING TO HUNGER
- HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH WATER: DRINKING LOTS ACCELERATES METABOLISM AND LOSES WEIGHT
- CINNAMON, THE FAT BURNING SPICE THAT HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT
- MANGO: PROPERTIES AND CALORIES OF ANTI-CANCER FRUIT THAT HELPS YOU LOSE LOSS
- WALKING FAST: THE GREENEST (AND CHEAPEST) WAY TO LOSE LOSS
- CHEW SLOWLY, HERE'S THE SECRET TO SLIMMING
- DIET FOR LOSS: HOW AND WHICH TO CHOOSE. ADVICE FROM NUTRITIONISTS