Cold sores is an infection that can be passed from one person to another and is chronic: but is it possible to prevent cold sores? And how in the summer?Do not store avocado like this: it is dangerous Cold sores is an infection that can be transmitted from one person to another and is chronic: but is it possible to prevent cold sores? And how in the summer?
Annoying, painful and a lot of boredom: thecold soresThe "labial herpes" or again "lip fever”Is a rather sore sore that generally forms around the lips and is caused by the virus dell’herpes simplex (more often type 1, although in some cases the infection can result from type 2). It can be transmitted from one person to another and is chronic: but it is possible prevent cold sores? And in summer could the situation get worse?
Cold sores are a type of widespread infection: at least one in three people would have declared that they have suffered from this problem at least once in their life. So let's find out how intervene in a natural way or how to avoid annoying bubbles on our lips.
Cold sores are ainfection caused by the Herpes Simplex virus. The responsible agent, in fact, is the Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1), responsible for the majority of cases, or even Herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2, which is mainly associated with genital infection).
Its presence in the body can remain latent even for a long time and, in the presence of particular conditions, it can reactivate by manifesting itself through bubbles or lesions on the lips or at the edges (less frequently, lesions can form on the nose, chin, cheeks or palate), especially in times of stress or fatigue or when the immune defenses are lowered.
The virus has a period of incubation of just over a week, after which you may also have fever or erythematous pharyngitis. Then follows anvesicular rash in the mouth and on the lip. Later, these small blisters join together and become annoying and painful ulcers, presenting some aphthae-like patches that are gray-yellowish in color. Once dry, the vesicles tend to dry out, but the virus penetrates the nerve cells of the epidermis, where it survives the immune system and remains in a silent state, only to reactivate under certain conditions. Because of this, herpes is not curable permanently, although it can be effectively prevented at the first symptoms, even with natural remedies.
We have already mentioned that cold sores infection can come out when you are going through particularly stressful times, which in themselves weaken the body's immune defenses. But it can also happen that the infection returns to manifest itself as consequence of indigestion or improper diet, excessive sun exposure, other diseases or due to prolonged intake of certain medications. Some hormonal changes, such as those due to pregnancy or menstruation, can also favor the onset of cold sores.
In summary, a cold sore can be triggered by:
- flu stages
- periods of stress
- jump in temperature
- exposure to the sun without protective filters
- wrong diet or indigestion
- hormonal changes
- weakening of the immune defenses
- particular pharmacological treatments (antibiotics)
READ also: 10 ORGANIC SOLARS AND WITH A GOOD INCI
A slight itching o burning, but also a feeling of "tension" on the lip or pain. Sometimes you can even blame the pruritus or tingling, but there are cases in which the subject does not even notice the arrival of cold sores until the classic blisters appear.
In a short time, arash with many small bubbles close together and filled with liquid, which cause pain, burning and itching. These small blisters can remain for up to 10 days and, if they burst, form an even more painful lesion, as well as exposing the skin to the risk of further infection.
Then there is a further phase in which they can also present themselves flu-like symptoms, complete with fever and muscle aches.
Gradually, then, the vesicles dry up and form a yellowish crust that disappears without leaving obvious marks or scars.
In summary, a cold sore is recognized by symptoms such as:
- localized itching and burning
- itching or tingling
- bubbles filled with liquid
We have said that one of the triggers of cold sores can be one incorrect exposure to the sun. Who is the "carrier" of this virus, must stay especially careful in the summer, when strong sun and sudden changes in temperature do not help. It is true, in any case, that on the other hand, summer is the period of least stress, which could be beneficial who already has a previous history of cold sores.
In all cases, some tips can be put in place to try to prevent future breakouts:
- Little sun. One factor that can trigger the virus and awaken it from its latent phase is excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays, especially if accompanied by a lot of wind. Sunbathing in moderation is good for the skin and immune system, remember that too much exposure to ultraviolet rays is harmful to skin cells and would be a trigger for herpes. Therefore, always use sunscreen and avoid sunburn.
READ also: 10 GESTURES AND TIPS TO PREPARE THE SKIN IN THE SUN
- No stress. Come on, it's easier in the summer reduce stress levels. Stress weakens the immune system, which is no longer able to fight viruses and other pathogens, which can also be severely tested by chronic or acute infections, poor nutrition and exposure to toxic substances.
READ also: 10 ZERO IMPACT WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS
- Reduce your consumption of arginine and increase that of lysine. This amino acid would be responsible for herpes outbreaks because it is capable of impair the action of another amino acid, Lysine, which instead has fundamental properties antivirals and is capable of suppressing the outbreaks of cold sores. According to some studies, if the balance between these two amino acids is in favor of lysine, there is a suppression of HSV replication and a reduction in viral load. It comes by itself, which could then be It is useful to exclude supplements and foods rich in arginine from your diet, especially in times of high stress.
Foods that contain the most arginine are:
- dark chocolate
Foods rich in lysine are:
- dairy product
- green beans
- almost all fruit and vegetables
- Take Vitamin C. Vitamin C is known to have antiviral and immune-supportive properties, which could help prevent infection.
READ also: VITAMIN C AGAINST COOLING: THE FOODS THAT ARE RICHEST
- Avoid direct contact with infected people and do not use the same cutlery, the same plates, the same glasses. Ditto: avoid sharing lip gloss, lipstick, or face creams.
- Wash your hands. You could easily come into contact with the saliva or body fluids of people with herpes, so to avoid unintentionally touching your mouth and eyes, it is always good to stick to good hygiene.
To learn more about herpes you can also read:
- HERPES: TYPES, SYMPTOMS AND NATURAL REMEDIES
- HERPES ZOSTER: WHAT IT IS, SYMPTOMS AND HOW IT MANIFESTS
- LABIAL HERPES: A VEGETABLE GEL TO FIGHT IT
And in the unfortunate fate that herpes (re) appears, you will have understood by now that it only takes a lot of patience, because it is able to disappear on its own in about ten days. If you still want to speed up healing, you can resort to some natural remedies. Here you will find all the best grandma's remedies