Bread balls, here is an easy recipe of culinary recycling to consume stale bread.
Le Meatballs Bread are a very tasty second dish vegetarian based on stale bread, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, they are perfect to be consumed even outside the home, perhaps in a picnic or on a working lunch break.
Le Meatballs Bread are one of the many dishes of the Salento culinary culture and arise from the need for don't waste leftover food. Based on stale bread, this dish is in fact a very tasty culinary recycle dish which will surely appeal to young children.
To be served together with salads or seasonal vegetables; the bread balls they can be eaten both hot and at room temperature and they can also be prepared a few hours in advance. Cooked in the oven to contain calories, however, they can also be fried in boiling oil until golden brown. In both cases, the taste is guaranteed, so the choice of cooking method is up to you.
Bread balls can be made even more appetizing by adding pepper or fresh parsley to the mixture; if seasoned on the surface with a little mayonnaise they will be even tastier.
- 300 grams of stale bread
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 100 gr of grated parmesan
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
- Place the stale bread in a bowl full of water and wait for it to double its volume by absorbing it.
- At this point, squeeze it, crumble it and put it in a large bowl.
- Add then the egg and the cheese, and mix everything by mixing the ingredients well.
- Lining now a pan with parchment paper.
- Ffill with the mixture of meatballs medium-sized and put them in the pan.
- Sprinkle the meatballs on the surface with oil and bake in a hot oven at 220 ° for about thirty-five minutes or in any case until golden brown.
- When cooked, remove from the oven.
- Let the bread balls rest for a few minutes before serving.
Meatballs may also interest you in these other recipes:
- VEGETABLE MEATBALLS: 10 RECIPES FOR ALL TASTES
- MEATBALLS FOR CHILDREN: 15 NUTRIENT AND HEALTHY RECIPES