The ranking of fruit and vegetables least contaminated by pesticides is back on time for 2021, according to EWG analyzes.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
The ranking of fruit and vegetables most contaminated by pesticides is back on time also for 2021, but also that of "good" foods in which there are fewer chemicals. This is supplied by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) which every year analyzes a series of products on the American market.
Read: Pesticides: Guess which fruits and vegetables are the most contaminated? The "dirty dozen" ranking
Also for 2021, therefore, for the seventeenth consecutive year, the EWG has classified the levels of pesticide residues of fruits and vegetables based on samples taken by the United States Department of Agriculture and the United States Food and Drug Administration. United.
Next to the Dirty Dozen, there is, as always, the Clean Fifteen, the list of fruits and vegetables least contaminated by pesticides and fungicides.
Clean Fifteen 2021
Even the ranking of "cleaner" fruit and vegetables does not differ much from last year (they are the same foods, but in a different order). We find:
- Sweet corn
- Sweet peas (frozen)
- Green melon
These 15 articles had the lowest amounts of pesticide residues, according to EWG's analysis of the most recent USDA data. The key findings:
- Avocado and sweet corn were the cleanest. Less than 2% of the samples showed detectable pesticides
- The first seven Clean Fifteen crops tested positive for three or fewer pesticides on a single sample
- Almost 70% of Clean Fifteen fruit and vegetable samples had no pesticide residues
- Multiple pesticide residues are extremely rare on Clean Fifteen vegetables. Only 8% of Clean Fifteen fruit and vegetable samples had two or more pesticides
- The dirty dozen 2019: fruit and vegetables most contaminated by pesticides (and the cleanest)
- Fruits and vegetables: the 12 products most contaminated by pesticides (Dirty dozen 2018)
- 5 tips for removing pesticides from fruit and vegetables