In Milan there is a solidarity restaurant where dinner costs only 1 euro. The project is now two years old and wants to continue to support those who find themselves in temporary situations of emergency and economic fragility, not only by providing low-cost meals but also by offering jobs.
Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
A Milan there is a solidarity restaurant where dinner it costs only € 1.
The project is now two years old and wants to continue to support those who find themselves in temporary situations of emergency and economic fragility, not only by providing low-cost meals but also by offering jobs.
The Pellegrini Onlus Foundation deals with the management of Ruben restaurant, which offers dinner in two evening shifts and which hosts diners who need not only to find relief from a moment of need but also a 'new recharge'.
Thanks to the contribution of the Foundation, the cost of the meal for each diner is 1 euro. For children under 16, the meal is free.
The project has now been expanded. After the opportunity to offer gods meals at very low cost even for the whole family here is the idea of making job opportunities available. Both initiatives involve people who find themselves in a moment of economic difficulty, perhaps due to the loss of their job.
Read also: SOUL KITCHEN: BON JOVI'S SOLIDARITY COMMUNITY RESTAURANT
These are people who are recommended by a group of associations and who can thus find some new opportunities. For example, already this year some of them were sent to Franciacorta for the harvest so that they could have a first chance to earn.
Read also: SOCIAL REFRIGERATOR, A SOLIDARITY IDEA THAT EXPANDS ALL OVER THE WORLD
In particular the Ruben restaurant:
- He wants to give the possibility to consume a good and healthy dinner at low cost to those in difficulty
- It is starting to offer job opportunities to those in need
- It respects everyone's tastes and offers two different menus for dinner
- It values the time spent together over dinner, not just as a time to eat meals
- It offers a refined environment where you can spend time with family and children
- It supports the value of the food despite the very low price for diners
It does not seem to you a beautiful solidarity initiative to be imitated elsewhere as well?
To find out more, visit the website dedicated to the Ruben restaurant.