According to new research, it is possible to protect oneself from the risk of dementia and safeguard cognitive functionDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
According to new research, it is possible to protect oneself from the risk of dementia and safeguard cognitive function
La dementia and its causes are still being studied, although researchers know that some foods may help protect health. According to the National Health System, one in 14 people over the age of 65 have dementia, and the condition affects one in six people over the age of 80.
With increasing age, the risk of developing this condition also increases, although symptoms can vary widely from person to person. There are some risk factors that cannot be changed, such as age and genetics, while there are many others that can be controlled, although there is currently no definitive way to prevent senile dementia.
What can be done concretely? For example, you can reduce your risk by reducing or avoiding high-fat foods or processed foods, such as snacks, desserts, cheeses, red meats, fried foods and junk foodas well as butter and margarine. There vascular dementia it is caused by the interruption of the blood supply to the brain, the cells are therefore starved of oxygen, therefore eating healthy and fresh food, which keeps us healthy and promotes good circulation, is really important.
- foods considered healthy for the brain are green leafy vegetables, nuts and olive oil. These are part of the Mediterranean diet, where there is a low consumption of dairy and meat products, and there is a lot of scientific evidence showing that people who follow this type of diet live better and longer. (Read also: The Mediterranean diet can prevent memory loss and dementia. I study)
There are also two for brain health herbs that can support cognitive function and reduce the chances of developing dementia:
- la centella asiatica, a herb from the parsley family, which has been used in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine systems.
- la brahmi a real regenerating tonic, with a particular effect on the brain, as it helps restore brain functioning that may have been compromised due to excess stress, trauma or disease. In addition, it is capable of improve cognitive functions such as memory and learning.
In addition to a healthy diet, to reduce the risk of dementia you need to stay active, avoid alcohol and smoking, and keep your mind active; also being overweight or obese can increase blood pressure and the risk of type 2 diabetes, both linked to a high possibility of developing the Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia.
Other important factors can be hearing loss, untreated depression, loneliness or social isolation, or sitting for most of the day, all of which can increase the risk of getting dementia. Hence, changing our lifestyle is the only way to protect ourselves from the risk of dementia.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
On the dementia could it be interesting for you:
- Dementia: the 5-minute home test arrives, capable of predicting cognitive decline starting as early as the age of 40
- If you are happy at age 20, you are less likely to suffer from cognitive impairment as an adult and to suffer from dementia as an elderly person
- Phthalates could be responsible for dementia. The new French studio
- Senile dementia: to prevent it, drink orange juice!