Colon cleansing with water and salt, perhaps you have heard of it but you do not know precisely the origins and technique of this practice. Colon cleansing with water and salt is part of the Indian tradition and is called Shankprakshalana or Varisara Dhauti. This technique not only cleanses the colon and intestines in general. It is in fact considered beneficial for the entire digestive system.
Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Cleaning the colon with water and salt, perhaps you have heard of it but you do not know precisely the origins and technique of this practice. There colon cleansing with water and salt it is part of the Indian tradition and is named after Shankprakshalana o Varisara Dhauti. This technique not only cleanses the colon and intestines in general. It is in fact withheld beneficial for the entire digestive system.
It falls within the purification practices the Hatha Yoga, as they are mentioned in Swatmarama's “Hatha Yoga Pradipika”. These purification techniques are considered to be beneficial for both the body and the mind and are collectively called kriya.
Each purification technique affects different parts of the body and colon cleansing is part of the practices dedicated to the digestive system. Of these practices dedicated to the digestive system and calls Dhauti is also part Jihwa Dhauti, la cleaning the tongue with the tongue cleaner. The purification practices of Hatha Yoga also include Jala Neti, cleaning of the nasal canals with the use of the lotus and water and salt.
Intestinal cleansing according to this technique involves ingest water and salt and practice specific exercises that they can promote bowel movements to promote the elimination of toxins accumulated in the body. It is a technique considered very effective in this sense, which it should not be improvised but practiced under the guidance of an expert.
A complete purification of the intestine and the entire digestive system should be preceded by a week of preparation and followed by a week of recovery. To dedicate yourself to the practice of cleansing the intestines with water and salt you need tranquility and time available. For a normal practice of bowel cleansing with water and salt you will need to be able dedicate at least two days off just to yourself, one for actual practice and the next for rest.
A very light meal is recommended in the evening before performing the practice. At the end of the practice, about an hour later, it will be possible to hire a meal based on rice and lentils, typical of Ayurvedic cuisine.
You will need to have water and salt available for prepare the drink to be taken. They have to dissolve 2 teaspoons of salt in each liter of water. The procedure of cleansing the intestines with water and salt occurs as follows:
- Drink quickly 2 glasses of water and salt.
- Practice the following in sequence 5 asanas, 8 times for each: Tadasana, Tiryaka Tadasana, Kati Chakrasana, Tiryaka Bhujangasana e Udarakarshanasana.
- After repeating the 5 asanas for the first time 8 times for each, immediately drink morethe 2 glasses of water and salt and practice the sequence for the second time.
- Drink another 2 glasses of water and salt and repeat the exercises for the third time.
- Go to the toilet to check if there are already movements and for begin emptying the intestines.
- You will have to repeat the practice until you have finished evacuating the stool and you will only evacuate clean water. They should be needed 16 glass of water and salt in all to get to this point (therefore 8 cycles). The important thing is to practice calmly and take your time.
- At the end of the practice do not eat immediately and do not fall asleepthe. Lie down in Savasana per 45 minutes and relax.
- Only after this moment of rest can you eat a light meal based on rice and lentils, to be seasoned with a little bit of clarified butter, which lubricates the intestines. After the 45 minutes indicated, the digestive system organs will be ready to resume their functions, which is why it is indicated to wait before consuming the meal.
- After the meal rest again, but don't go to sleep right away and make no effort.
- Finally, the next day will be a rest day.
Please note:, we repeat: this practice must be performed with criteria and preferably only in an Ashram or in any case under the supervision of an expert guide. The whole practice of cleansing the intestines with water and salt should not be done more than twice a year.
Thanks to the following image and the following video you can better understand the sequence of asanas and exercises which is usually recommended to promote bowel movements. To learn this technique in detail, we suggest reading the book “Asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha” di Swami Satyananda Saraswati, from which we have taken the list of the five asanas indicated to follow for bowel cleansing.
photo source: macrolibrarsi.com
- Oil polling: detox every morning starting from the mouth
- 10 natural methods to detoxify the body