Two batches of yogurt were withdrawn from Esselunga supermarkets due to the presence of ethylene oxide, a dangerous pesticideDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Lethylene oxide does not spare yogurt either. After the recent recall of dozens of batches of veggie burgers, now the dangerous pesticide has also been found in yogurt.
The alarm was raised by the Esselunga chain of stores, which withdrew two yogurts from the Equipoise line from its shelves. According to the safety notices published in the product recall section, the low-fat strawberry yogurt and the 8-jar low-fat yogurt package have been withdrawn.
due to the presence of ethylene oxide in an ingredient (carob seed flour).
It is a food additive often used as a thickener and stabilizer; it can be found in confectionery products, in jams and even in processed meats and sweeteners. This makes this warning even more frightening as the food use of ethylene oxide has been banned in Europe for years.
Here all the details related to the yogurt withdrawn:
- Low-fat strawberry yogurt Equilibrium - Esselunga (Safety notice here)
- Low-fat yogurt Equilibrium 8X125 G - Esselunga (Safety notice here)
If you have purchased these yogurts, check the batches and avoid consuming them.
- Follow us on Telegram|Instagram | Facebook | TikTok |Youtube
Sources of reference: Esselunga
For the latest warnings related to the presence of ethylene oxide, read:
- Pesticide in vegetable drinks: after ice cream, new recall for ethylene oxide
- More ethylene oxide in ice cream: dozens of batches of Nuii, Milka and Smarties withdrawn
- Ethylene oxide: Coop recalls Benesì gluten-free rusks
- Still organic gomasio withdrawn from the market due to the ethylene oxide free
- Again ethylene oxide: two Naturasì products withdrawn due to the presence of the dangerous pesticide
- Organic sesame seeds contaminated with ethylene oxide, another recall
- Ice cream, sesame, spices and coffee: ethylene oxide is everywhere and the situation is getting worse
- Still ethylene oxide, Coop withdraws cherry tart