Why Do Feet Stink? The fault is not really sweat, but bacteria that eat dead skin cells, such as Brevibacterium, which produces methaniol. This colorless gas is characterized by a fetid smell, similar to rotten cabbage or cheese
Why Do Feet Stink? The fault is not really sweat, but bacteria that eat dead skin cells, such as Brevibacterium, which produces methaniol. This colorless gas is characterized by a fetid smell, similar to rotten cabbage or cheese.
I feet are one of the most sweaty parts of the body and, since we generally keep them closed in shoes and socks, we offer the ideal environment for bacteria to thrive: a warm, humid place with an adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients (in the form of dead skin). When the latter begin to emit gas, the unpleasant smell arrives. That's why feet stink.
But fear not, all of this can be stopped! In addition to the natural remedies, here how to avoid smelly feet in 10 steps:
1) Wash your feet thoroughly, even several times a day, taking care to clean and cut the nails.
2) Dry them carefully, to avoid the formation of humidity which makes bacteria proliferate.
3) Remove dead skin, helping you with a pumice stone, regularly.
4) Do not use deodorants and antiperspirants.
5) Immerse your feet in a basin with one part of vinegar and two parts of water for half an hour a week.
6) Use clean socks every day and make sure they are 100% cotton or other natural breathable material, which allows moisture to escape.
7) Choose breathable shoes, if possible, preferring those open in summer.
8) When you remove your shoes, open them wide to allow them to air and dry.
9) Add some cornstarch before wearing, to help absorb moisture, and a little baking soda to help absorb odors.
10) Alternate shoes you wear and wash them if necessary with natural detergents.
Feet and bad smells: 10 natural remedies
4 quick and practical tips against swollen feet
Cracked Heels: 10 Natural Remedies That Really Work
Corns and calluses: 10 natural remedies
10 good reasons to take off your shoes before entering the house