Schiaccia Toscana, the recipe to prepare it with sourdough
White focaccia, here la prescription to prepare the traditional tuscany schiacciata with natural yeast, a valid alternative to the classic snack, it is perfect for recreation at school or to accompany your main courses.
Soft and fragrant, this white focaccia of the Tuscan tradition is ad high digestibility; once taken out of the oven it can be consumed without any type of additional seasoning or alternatively you can also serve it as an aperitif together with sweet and sour onions or dried tomatoes in oil.
If you want to customize our recipe, you can also season the surface of the schiacciata with olives or cherry tomatoes, in this way you will always bring a different dish to the table.
- 75 gr of sourdough
- 300 1 grams of flour
- 20 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 gr of salt
- 180 grams of water
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
24 hours of leavening
4 people to
How to prepare the Tuscan schiacciata: procedure
- To melt the mother yeast in the water and put the flour in a large bowl,
- deposit the water with the yeast in the bowl containing the flour and start kneading by hand or with the mixer,
- to follow add the oil first and then the salt,
- knead vigorously for a few more minutes, then cover the dough with some food film in contact, thus preventing it from drying out on the surface and letting it rise for twenty-four hours.
- During the rising dough will double, then take it back and line a pan with parchment paper,
- ungerla and roll out the dough inside by simply spreading it with your hands,
- oil on the surface and bake it in a hot oven at 200 °,
- cook it at 180 ° for about forty minutes or in any case until completely golden.
- Cooking when finished, take it out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
One more tip:
It will be useful to let the dough rise in the refrigerator for the first twelve hours, after which to extract the dough, make it cool, then knead again and let it rise until doubled; if the atmospheric temperature is low, it will be useful to do the second leavening in the oven off, with the door closed and the light on.
How to preserve the Tuscan schiacciata:
The Tuscan schiacciata will remain fragrant for a couple of days if placed in a food paper bag.You may be interested in other recipes for focaccia with sourdough