Grated cauliflower, the step by step recipe to prepare it
Cauliflower au gratin, an alternative and delicious way to serve this winter vegetable. There prescription of this vegetarian side dish it is very simple and the finished dish has a pleasant and delicate taste that conquers young and old alike.
To be prepared strictly with fresh cauliflowers which should therefore not have stains on their tops; it is possible to prepare this dish even in advance and then reheat it to follow, or for example you can divide its process into two tranches by boiling the vegetable in advance. If you prefer a lighter dish or follow a cruelty free diet, we recommend using our vegan béchamel and replacing the vegetable parmesan with flakes of yeast.
- 1 cauliflower (1,1Kg)
- 250 ml of milk
- 25 gr of type 1 flour
- 25 g butter
- grated vegetable parmesan to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- breadcrumbs to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare the cauliflower au gratin: procedure
- To cut in florets the cauliflower, wash it and boil it in boiling salted water until it becomes soft, then drain it and let it cool,
- meantime prepare the béchamel by melting the butter in a saucepan, then add the flour with the salt, pepper and nutmeg, mix and when everything is blended pour in the milk, and continue stirring, cook until it thickens.
- Grease with oil the bottom of a baking dish, divide the florets in two halves and arrange the cauliflower neatly in the baking dish,
- season on the surface with the béchamel,
- a bit' of breadcrumbs and vegetable parmesan in order to form a delicious crust during cooking,
- bake in a hot oven at 180 ° for about twenty minutes,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and serve the cauliflower au gratin hot.
How to store cauliflower au gratin:
If the cauliflower au gratin is left over, it can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days as long as it is covered with cling film.To give color to the table and to make children appreciate it more you could also use purple cauliflower. You may also be interested in other winter side dishes, other recipes with cauliflower, or other variations for cauliflower flan