Brown rice and quinoa sushi, the recipe for preparing tasty and delicious vegan maki
Brown rice and quinoa sushi, prescription to prepare tasty maki vegan avocado. These oriental tidbits are a first course light and tasty to offer to young and old alike, it lends itself well to being included in cold buffets or served to accompany aperitifs.
By sushi we mean, in fact, the set of typical Japanese dishes based on rice, fish, seaweed, vegetables and eggs; in the collective imagination, however, it is associated with raw fish. In reality, sushi includes a wide range of preparations such as maki. The maki are small bites of rice, seasoned with fish and / or vegetables that are wrapped withnori seaweed. In ancient times this seaweed was scraped from port poles, processed and dried in the sun. Today, however, it is grown, processed and roasted.
This quinoa sushi and brown rice it is very easy to prepare, being possible to assemble it even without the typical "roller maker" mat. However, equip yourself with a good sharp knife in order to have a clean and regular cut.
- 60 grams of quinoa
- 60 gr of brown rice
- 2 sheets of nori seaweed
- 1 avocado
- sesame seeds to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people (24 maki)
- Bring to the boil of salted water and rinse the quinoa under running water,
- cook the rice in the boiling water, and when this is halfway through cooking add the quinoa,
- cooking when finished, drain and leave to cool completely.
- To cut halve the square nori seaweed sheets, thus obtaining two rectangles, and peel and cut the avocado into thin slices,
- cover up the seaweed with the rice and quinoa filling, leaving two centimeters free from the top edge,
- sprinkle with the sesame seeds and, in the central part, lay the avocado strips,
- very gently roll the seaweed on itself by applying a little pressure in order to compact the filling,
- one time obtained a well-sealed cylinder, cut it into slices about two centimeters thick,
- Than we Serve and serve.
You may also be interested in other vegetarian and vegan sushi recipes