Here is a simple, fast, vegan and anti-waste recipe: the chocolate mousse prepared with the cooking water of the chickpeas, the acquafaba.
Why throw away the cooking water of legumes when you can try so many delicious recipes? We propose one chocolate-mousse prepared with a dietary, economical and anti-waste ingredient: acquafaba.
What is acquafaba? If you are unfamiliar with this preparation, looking at the photo you will probably think you see whipped egg white. In reality, the contents of the container are simply the cooking water of the chickpeas, lemon juice and sugar. Here are all the instructions to prepare it.
The chocolate mousse prepared with aquafaba is perfect for people who are a diet, but they do not want to give up the taste of a light and at the same time greedy dessert. Not containing neither milk nor eggs, this dessert is also perfect for those who have chosen to follow a diet Vegan.
- 150 ml of chickpea cooking water
- a teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- 15 gr of chopped hazelnuts
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
- let the cooking water of the chickpeas cool down in a container in the refrigerator, mount the liquid with a whisk for 5 minutes
- add the filtered lemon juice and continue to whisk, then add sugar and whip until the mixture is firm
- filled a metal saucepan with about three fingers of water
- position yourself on a smaller bowl (containing the chopped chocolate)
- turn on the flame over medium-low heat
- jumbled up continuously until the chocolate is completely melted
- let it cool the chocolate
- add the chocolate with the aquafaba, stirring gently
- place the chocolate mousse in small glasses and serve decorating it with the chopped hazelnuts
This acquafaba chocolate mousse is a quick and easy dessert to make, an excellent alternative to offer a dessert that is healthy, light and tasty at the same time.
- Chocolate and avocado mousse: recipe with no added sugar
- Ricotta and strawberry mousse
- The orange side of breakfast: persimmon mousse
- Vegan desserts: almond mousse
- Vegan desserts: the recipe for banana mousse in jelly