According to new research, moderate or vigorous physical activity is three times more beneficial to health than just walkingDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
According to new research, moderate or vigorous physical activity is three times more beneficial to health than just walking
There's no denying that walking is a great form of exercise - it's easy, you can do it anywhere, and you don't need expensive equipment or gym memberships to get started; Plus, for many people, reaching a specific daily goal, whether it's 7.000 or 10.000 steps, is enough to feel energetic and healthy.
However, a new one search suggests that there is a workout that is not only better than daily walking, but three times more effective than walking. A recent study published in the European Heart Journal examined the exercise habits of 2.070 adults, the majority of whom were women, who participated in the Framingham Heart Study, using accelerometers, which are devices capable of measuring the vibration or acceleration of movement of a structure.
Cardiopulmonary exercise tests, using a face mask or mouthpiece to measure oxygen intake and expelled carbon dioxide, were performed from 2016 to 2019 on stationary cycles to assess participants' physical activity. The latter also took home accelerometers to wear around the waist for eight days after the study.
The findings, the authors said study, were largely consistent across age, sex, obesity and cardiovascular risk categories. An increase of 17 minutes of moderate-vigorous physical activity per day or taking 2.312 steps per day or even reductions in spending time standing or sitting corresponded to above-average oxygen uptake values.
What the researchers found is that moderate or vigorous exercise - taking 100 to 129 steps per minute or over 130 steps per minute - is ideal for overall health and well-being and is actually three times more beneficial. of the walk. Additionally, it has been found that strenuous activity can actually combat some of the health problems associated with a sedentary lifestyle.
So if you are looking to improve your overall health and fitness level, you don't have to trade your daily walks for a hardcore exercise routine, as you may just be picking up the pace of your walking a bit more.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
Photos: European Heart Journal
Could it be interesting for you:
- These tricks will entice you to do more physical activity, according to science
- Even just one minute of physical activity a day is enough to ward off these risks
- What is the best time to train? Studio reveals the most effective time to exercise
- Exercising helps prevent more severe forms of Covid-19. Confirmation in a study
- Are you over 40? Here is how many hours of physical activity per week you should do to stay healthy
- Smog and physical activity: the study that reveals for the first time what happens if you run in overly polluted cities
- Children move too little: 81% do not exercise. WHO raises the alarm