According to recent research, cayenne pepper has beneficial effects on the health of our intestines, since the main phytonutrient it contains, capsaicin, acts on the intestinal microbiota by increasing the variety of good bacteria.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
A new study published in the journal Nutrients states that the addition of cayenne pepper can have a significant impact due to one primary phytonutrient: the capsaicin.
Indeed, the researchers suggest that adding capsaicin to the in vitro cultures of the microbiome in the case of it can increase the diversity of the microbiota in the gastrointestinal tract.
(Read also: Spicy spices: an elixir of life thanks to the pain-blocking capsaicin)
Health benefits of capsaicin
Research has shown that strengthening your gut microbiome is vital to its function - this is where cayenne pepper comes in.
Full of phytonutrients capsaicin, this fruit and its extracts have historically been used to promote proper digestion and for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action.
More specifically, this recent study found that capsaicin alters the structure of the gut microbial community, increasing bacterial diversity.
If you don't like spicy food, you can take a supplement probiotic to elevate the gut microbiome, and support digestion.
Cayenne pepper, therefore, is an excellent spice to integrate into your meal plan to help support gut health.
Remember that eating foods that fulfill certain functions will not only help you feel better, it will also support your body's wellbeing for years to come.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
Could it be interesting for you:
- The spice that actually burns visceral fat (and prevents cancer)
- Hot pepper, elixir of life! Scientists confirm that eating it regularly makes you live longer
- Eating chillies halves the risk of death from heart attack and stroke. The study conducted in Molise
- Chili pepper: properties, benefits, contraindications and which one to choose
- Chilli makes you live longer!
- The chili against obesity, helps to lose weight
- Chilli also has pain relieving effects