Several researches have confirmed that eating spinach and leafy greens on a daily basis helps you lose weight in the hardest spots. But how to consume them to enhance their benefits?Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
True, there are no miracle diets that magically make you lose weight but there is a well-known food that definitely favors the figure. And that should therefore be introduced in any weight loss diet. We are talking about the spinach.
These, like all broad-leaf vegetables in general, contain many soluble fibers that accelerate intestinal transit. Not to mention that they reduce abdominal fat and improve digestion.
Moreover, they immediately satiate and therefore help not to experience that annoying feeling of hunger that often grips us during diets. As a study that looked at 60 overweight and obese people showed: Consuming spinach extract reduced hunger and food cravings for over 2 hours.
And according to another study that looked at 38 overweight women, those who consume spinach daily lose 43% more weight on average. In addition, the thylakoids contained in the leaves reduce hunger by up to 95%.
The study in question lasted 3 months and required participants to drink a green drink every morning before breakfast. Half of the women were given 5 grams of spinach extract and the other half a placebo. Meanwhile, the women involved had to follow a balanced diet including 3 meals a day.
Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson, Lecturer in Medicine and Physiological Chemistry at Lund University, said that "in the study, the control group lost an average of 3,5 kg, while the group that was given thylakoids lost 5 kg. kg. The thylakoid group also found that it was easier to stick to three meals a day and they had no cravings. "
How to take and consume spinach every day?
What is the right amount of spinach to introduce in the daily diet? You can eat them at will, except if you are allergic to nickel. In this case, excessive consumption is absolutely not recommended.
In all other cases, you can eat them daily alone, combined with other foods or use them as ingredients of tasty recipes. Here are some tips:
- use them in the preparation of smoothies by adding mint leaves, parsley, lettuce leaves, lemon juice, ginger, cucumber, celery and ice;
- prepare vegetarian meatballs based on spinach, potatoes and paprika;
- use them to prepare a tasty rice and spinach cake;
- add them to the bread, it is a real delight;
- use them for the filling of cannelloni together with ricotta;
- use them to prepare delicious vegetarian spinach;
- add them to the potatoes to prepare a savory tart;
- use them to prepare delicious dumplings in a vegan version;
- eat them in the form of a salad, they are delicious and healthy.
On spinach you might also be interested in:
- Spinach: calories, nutritional values and health benefits
- Spinach: 10 vegetarian and vegan recipes for all tastes
- How to grow spinach: at home, in pots or raised, easy tips and tricks to have them available all year round