How to prepare cumin water with only two ingredients, a drink that promotes weight loss as confirmed by some studiesDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
How to prepare cumin water with only two ingredients, a drink that promotes weight loss as confirmed by some studies
You already know that water is the best drink on the planet for good health and also for weight loss, and one of the ways that water supports weight loss is that eliminates the sense of appetite, which sometimes is nothing more than a need for hydration.
But is there a way to make weight loss happen faster when drinking water? Well yes, and we are not talking about the classic green tea , whose draining properties have been ascertained by various studies, but of a drink that is prepared using i cumin seeds. This spice is rich in antioxidants, which can improve the immune system and gut health, reduce inflammation and reduce the risk of cancer.
Cumin as a fat burner
Cumin was studied for its benefits in fat loss and increased metabolic rate has been shown in those who have experienced this weight loss; hence, faster metabolism means that the body burns calories at a faster rate.
In a small study involving 88 obese women, an experimental group ate cumin-corrected yogurt in two meals a day for three months. The control group ate the same amount of yogurt but without the addition of cumin powder during the same period. It was found that only those women who consumed cumin significantly reduced their weight, body mass index, waist circumference and fat mass. They also enjoyed lower blood levels of total cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL (bad) cholesterol, while increasing good, i.e. HDL, cholesterol.
The researchers pointed out that thecumin water helps regulate blood sugar levels, helping cells to respond properly to glucose and insulin. When blood sugar is high, more glucose than necessary can be stored in the cells and this can be converted into fat.
How to make cumin water
THEcumin water, also called jeera water, it can be eaten hot or cold. Here's how to do it at home:
- soak a tablespoon of cumin seeds in a cup or two of water overnight (you can also mash the seeds with a rolling pin first to release their natural oils)
- in the morning, boil the mixture for about five minutes
- once the water has cooled, filter the seeds and pour everything on ice cubes to enjoy it cold or heat it to your preferred temperature
Cumin water has a very mineral and woody taste, so the advice is to add a little natural sweetener, such as honey, or a pinch of cinnamon to improve the flavor.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
About cumin and fat burning foods you might be interested in:
- Black cumin oil: properties, benefits and how to use it
- Cumin: how to use it in the kitchen and beyond
- Black cumin: the extraordinary properties and how to use the "blessed seed"
- Fat Burning Spices: 10 Amazing Herbs That Can Help You Lose Weight
- As spices and herbs they improve health and foods