Tahini sauce, here is the recipe to prepare sesame butter at home
Homemade tahini sauce, prescription to prepare the famous sauce based on white sesame seeds. Also note as sesame butter or sesame cream, tahini is used in oriental cuisine as an ingredient to enrich various dishes such as hummus or falafel. It is now also commonly found ready in various supermarkets or ethnic shops, but self-producing it at home is very simple and super cheap.
Its consistency is similar to that of a paté and is prepared with only two ingredients: sesame seeds and extra virgin olive oil. After having, in fact, toasted the sesame in a pan, it is then worked in a mortar so as not to alter its properties, or, if you prefer, in a food processor, and suggestively mixed with a little oil.
Once ready, the tahini sauce will keep for several days and you can also use it to dress slices of toasted bread or salads.
- 100 gr of white sesame seeds
- 15 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 100 gr of tahini sauce
How to prepare the tahini sauce: procedure
- To put in a non-stick pan the sesame seeds and toast them over moderate heat for a few minutes, taking care to move them often so as not to burn them,
- cooking when finished, put them to cool in a small bowl.
- When the sesame seeds will be completely cold work them a little at a time in a mortar so as to begin to flour them,
- to follow transfer them to a food processor, add the oil and finish shredding until a creamy consistency is obtained,
- to this point the sesame butter can also be used immediately.
How to store the tahini sauce:
Once ready, the tahini sauce must be placed in the refrigerator and must be consumed within a few days.
You may also be interested in other recipes from
- chickpea hummus
- do-it-yourself sauces you won't have to buy anymore