Strawberry risotto, the entirely vegetable recipe to prepare it
Rice with strawberries, prescription to prepare a delicious first course with the red spring fruit par excellence. Colorful and cheerful it is a risotto entirely vegetable perfect for the whole family, to be prepared strictly with fresh seasonal strawberries.
This singular combination of rice and strawberries has won the favor of many in recent years and it is no coincidence that it is increasingly offered on restaurant menus and also appreciated at home to give a touch of color and originality to home-made lunches and dinners. The strawberry risotto does not actually belong to a real gastronomic tradition and therefore there are many versions to make it with the addition of ingredients such as cream, cheeses, but also bitter cocoa or balsamic vinegar.
Our version, really very simple and without the use of ingredients of animal origin, is therefore also suitable for those who follow a vegan diet, it is prepared only with rice, strawberries, extra virgin olive oil and with some good homemade vegetable broth.
- 350 gr of rice
- 250 gr of strawberries
- 60 ml of white wine
- White onion 1
- 1,5 L of vegetable broth
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare strawberry risotto: procedure
- lavare carefully the strawberries, remove the stalk and cut them into small pieces, then mash them with a mortar and set aside.
- To peel now the onion and finely chop it,
- keep the broth in hot and roll the onion in a pan with the oil,
- when the onion will be golden add the rice, toast it, stirring constantly and deglaze with the wine,
- when this will have evaporated, add a few ladles of vegetable broth and cook,
- when the rice will be al dente, add the previously mashed strawberries and cook, stirring constantly,
- cooking when finished, plate and serve the strawberry risotto while still hot.
Others might interest you:
- recipes with strawberries
- spring risotto recipes
- spring first courses recipes