The spicy green bean preserve is a (vegan) recipe to be prepared in summer with only seasonal legumes to stock up in the pantry and savor the taste and crunchiness of green beans in winter too.
La spicy preserve of green beans is a recipe (vegan) to be prepared in summer with only seasonal legumes to stock up in the pantry and savor the taste and crunchiness of green beans in winter too.
Fragrant and spicy, the spicy green bean preserve can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish. Excellent if accompanied with good homemade bread. Correct sterilization of the jars guarantees maximum product safety until the following year. It is advisable to choose green beans that are organic or in any case of a certain origin, which are fresh, bright green and wrinkle-free.
- 500 gr of washed and trimmed green beans
- 500 ml of white vinegar
- 25 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 25 gr of salt
- 25 gr of brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of pink peppercorns
- 1 red pepper
- mint qb
- basil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
How to prepare the spicy green bean preserve: procedure
- Mix together the sugar and salt, remove the stalk and the internal seeds of the chilli pepper and chop it, peel the garlic and cut it into small pieces, finally wash the basil and mint and break them up with your hands.
- Scald i green beans already cleaned in lightly salted boiling water for five minutes.
- Now put the oil, vinegar, sugar and salt, pepper, chilli pepper and the other ingredients previously prepared in a large pot and let them boil for ten minutes.
- after ten minutes of boiling the oil, add the well-drained green beans and cook for another ten minutes.
- When cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes and being careful not to burn yourself, fill the sanitized jars with green beans, taking care not to fill them up to the edge, compress them well with a fork, then cover them with the cooking oil, screw without forcing excessively and proceed with pasteurization (For details read the article on how to sterilize jars for preserves)
- Store the spicy green bean preserve in a not sunny place, once opened it can be stored in the refrigerator for about four days.