Spelled, pesto and cherry tomato salad, here is the perfect and tasty vegetarian recipe to serve on the hottest days of the year
THEspelled salad, pesto and cherry tomatoes is a summer recipe very flavorful. To be served on the hottest days of summer, the spelled, pesto and cherry tomato salad can be eaten safely even outside the home, so it is perfect for your lunches on the beach or in the working lunch break.
Light and filling, this vegetarian cold dish it is a mix of truly exceptional aromas and flavors. This recipe is also customizable, for example you can omit the garlic, use pine nuts instead of almonds; or you can add other ingredients such as olives and capers.
Perfect for the whole family, the spelled, pesto and cherry tomato salad can be prepared well in advance, indeed we strongly advise you to do it because the more the foods rest, the more their flavors will blend, thus making the dish even tastier. The spelled also keeps cooking well and always remains al dente, it is therefore perfect for use in culinary preparations of this type.
- 500 gr of pearl spelled
- 80 gr of basil
- 200 gr of cherry tomatoes
- 50 gr of almonds or pine nuts
- 70 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 40 gr of grated or chopped parmesan
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
How to prepare the spelled, pesto and cherry tomato salad:
- Rinse the spelled under running water, then place it in a pot full of water,
- lead to the boil and cook for about twenty minutes.
- Cooking drain, cool under running water and let it drain.
- lavare carefully the tomatoes and basil,
- Than we cut the cherry tomatoes into wedges and combine them in a large bowl together with the spelled.
- In a robot from the kitchen put the basil leaves and the oil and start chopping everything very finely,
- to follow also add the almonds, the cheese and the peeled garlic and chop until the mixture is creamy and well blended.
- Add the spelled pesto, season with salt and mix everything together.
- Put away the spelled, pesto and cherry tomato salad in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to preserve the spelled, pesto and cherry tomato salad:
The spelled, pesto and cherry tomato salad can be stored in the refrigerator for two to three days as long as it is placed in airtight containers.Ilaria Zizza For other variants of spelled salad or summer salads:
- cold pasta
- Spelled salad with rocket and tomatoes
- Spelled salad with peppers
- Potato salad (10 recipes)
- Grain salad (10 recipes)